• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
21 21

4,514 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2024 at 6:52 PM, eastbayrudy said:

Cool and you got a full sig! 

Thanks, I think it came out great!  I thought that Toons magazine was a good choice to send in, as I didn’t expect there to be many other copies sent in.  Turns out I was right.  With that one and the Wizard #50, I sent those in thinking I might sell one or both of them.  But they turned out so good that I changed my mind!  At least for now.

Thought this one might come in as high as 8.0, but not really the point. The Mexican edition (6 months later) of Chamber of Darkness 4 with the barbarian prototype for Conan. Note, the discoloration on the title is an ink transfer from the comic packed next to it. There is a store/distribution stamp on the back cover that was presumably on the entire shipment. CGC book sets the limit of that at 8.0.

ChamberDarknessMexican-4.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/25/2024 at 11:45 AM, Sellers84 said:

It’s not the top one, but the Marv remarque makes it unique.

IMG_1680.jpeg

This thread is LITERALLY JUST FOR THE TOP 1, per CGC Census

Category I: lone top census SS books. There were only 13 of these produced in 2014. If I remember right, each book cover was a different color scheme. Mine is the lavender. The only other book graded was a yellow scheme (saw it on eBay several years ago). It was a 9.6. Mine is the highest SS but is listed in the restored category even though it is a SS Qualified label.

IMG_7546.jpg

Category II: Only SS in census (there are blue label ones though)

[only 100 Vampirella #1 (6/01) Blue Foil Editions were made]

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

Category III - One-Of-A-Kind (among all categories, only one in the world listed)

I also have 3 blue label books that fall into this category.

Design.jpeg

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 7:00 PM, Landon said:

Category II: Only SS in census (there are blue label ones though)

[only 100 Vampirella #1 (6/01) Blue Foil Editions were made]

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg

I love that you got that Mark Hammil Jack in the Box. I posted the other day when they offered the freebie that I got one and traded it to the LCS, but that sig and book was living the dream a couple of years ago lol or it was on enough minds to do so and where our heads were at @Landon ^^ 

I'm a bit flummoxed but grateful that you got a 7.5 lol because it came in like a flimsy polybag only and or I don't remember an envelope, but it might have had that too for postage to adhere. 

In short mine was 7.5 raw, and I don't imagine much better and if you have the highest-grade SS? then a sigh of relief lol:sorry: 

Did you have it pressed at all?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Top signature (& sketch) of this EV reprint of Hero for Hire 1. Signed by Luke Cage co-creator Roy Thomas. There's a 5.5 listed under the Spanish title. The foreign labeling is wildly inconsistent, but it seems like they've been trying to use the original US numbering most of the time to group all the comics with similar content. For fun, a side-by-side of the title pages showing that the Spanish reprint dropped the "enabled by creative contributions" tag for Roy & JR.

HeroforHire-Spanish-1.jpg

template.png

The label creators dropped the ball on this one. The only other copy on the census, a Universal 7.0, lists this as a Spanish reprint of SSM27, which is the more common way of indexing the foreign reprints. Of course, the Universal label also says it's from Mexico (it's Spain) & neither label mentions this contains both SSM27&28. The latter being more factually significant as it captures both issues of Frank Miller's first Daredevil story arc. I also think the cover art is redrawn by a Spanish artist, which is quite common. It's hard to say for sure unless the artist changes something, which is also pretty common, but this is a straight copy IMO. Super happy with an 8.5 on this one. Anyone who's ever shopped for these reprints will understand that excitement.

PPSSM-Spanish-27.jpg