• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,446 posts in this topic

Suicide Squad #40 CGC 9.8 SS. Signed by John Ostrander. Only SS copy (1 of 2 graded).

SuicideSquad1987-040-CGC98SS-1315007009_zps5gg70cdp.jpg

one of my favorite subtly inappropriate covers.

Suicide Squad #40 CGC 9.8 SS. Signed by John Ostrander. Only SS copy (1 of 2 graded).

SuicideSquad1987-040-CGC98SS-1315007009_zps5gg70cdp.jpg

one of my favorite subtly inappropriate covers.

Not a very attractive Amanda Waller.

Amanda Walker was unattractive until her character redesign for the new 52.

One and only SS

IMG_5083_zpsikajdnro.jpg

I believe I own the only triple signed copy of this:

IMG_0652_zps5rucwlok.jpg

very cool, but not appropriate for this thread

this thread is when you have the single highest graded CGC SS copy of the book (sometimes that means you have the only copy)

IMG_0652_zps5rucwlok.jpg

this thread is when you have the single highest graded CGC SS copy of the book (sometimes that means you have the only copy)

Pretty sure it says one of a kind right there in the title. And "only" right there in his posting.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Pretty sure it says one of a kind right there in the title. And "only" right there in his posting.

Of course, I could be wrong.

The first post in this thread, which established the "rules," is below. The general consensus has been that unique signatures ("the only copy signed by __________") or combination of signatures ("the only copy signed by __________, _________ and __________") do not qualify as "one of a kind" for purposes of this thread unless they are the THE highest graded SS copy (no ties).

I thought I would start a thread that would try and capture one of the really awesome things about doing signature series books. There are often opporunities to get one-of-a-kind books signed and graded.

So here are the rules for posting books in this thread:

1. The book must be the only Signature Series book for that particular issue on the census

2. You may post your book if there are other SS copies on the census only if your copy is the highest and only graded copy. So if there are a couple SS 9.4's and you have the only SS 9.8, then you could post it here.

3. Please refrain from posting signed and sketched books as we all know that type of thing is one of a kind, plus there's another thread for that

3a. You may post a SS signed and sketched book if it is the only SS book, or single highest graded SS book.

I think this would be a really cool way to see all the "one of a kind" ss books out there!

That's pretty sarcastic. This thread has been around a long time and lots of people have gotten their turn at being told "it doesn't qualify" - including some SS legends. It is part of the fun and mystique of the thread.

Being a n00b doesn't mean you have to know everything, and it doesn't mean that you won't be included. But it does mean that lots of things have gone on before you were a part of the Boards, and it may be a good idea to learn a little bit about it, before you become Sergeant Sarcasm.

That's pretty sarcastic. This thread has been around a long time and lots of people have gotten their turn at being told "it doesn't qualify" - including some SS legends. It is part of the fun and mystique of the thread.

Being a n00b doesn't mean you have to know everything, and it doesn't mean that you won't be included. But it does mean that lots of things have gone on before you were a part of the Boards, and it may be a good idea to learn a little bit about it, before you become Sergeant Sarcasm.

I've been Captain Sarcasm since I was teenager, according to my dad.

My favorite Russ Heath cover signed by the great artist himself! :cloud9:

Posting this lone yellow slabbed copy in honor of the 99th Infantry Division that crossed the Dragon's Teeth and fought in the Battle of the Bulge in WW2.

Thanks to Rich for getting this done! (thumbs u

<a  href=005_zpsgcnpxv3t.jpg' alt='005_zpsgcnpxv3