• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
20 20

4,485 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2024 at 7:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I love that you got that Mark Hammil Jack in the Box. I posted the other day when they offered the freebie that I got one and traded it to the LCS, but that sig and book was living the dream a couple of years ago lol or it was on enough minds to do so and where our heads were at @Landon ^^ 

I'm a bit flummoxed but grateful that you got a 7.5 lol because it came in like a flimsy polybag only and or I don't remember an envelope, but it might have had that too for postage to adhere. 

In short mine was 7.5 raw, and I don't imagine much better and if you have the highest-grade SS? then a sigh of relief lol:sorry: 

Did you have it pressed at all?

I did get it pressed when initially grading it. This is the bag it came in. No backing board, no comic mailer or anything. Just this bag to protect it from the USPS mailing system. Someone did achieve a 9.2 Blue label (which I bought on eBay). I have sent it in for Mark to sign. Just waiting for the signing and then the grading. I will have it pressed as well. Here's hoping. I will update when the book comes in probably next year. 

I have a theory that anyone that ordered multiple copies had their orders cancelled. My friend ordered 10, and I have read of others who ordered multiple copies whose orders where cancelled. I would love to know just how many of this book was actually mailed out.

IMG_7591.jpg

On 7/11/2024 at 3:34 PM, Landon said:

I did get it pressed when initially grading it. This is the bag it came in. No backing board, no comic mailer or anything. Just this bag to protect it from the USPS mailing system. Someone did achieve a 9.2 Blue label (which I bought on eBay). I have sent it in for Mark to sign. Just waiting for the signing and then the grading. I will have it pressed as well. Here's hoping. I will update when the book comes in probably next year. 

I have a theory that anyone that ordered multiple copies had their orders cancelled. My friend ordered 10, and I have read of others who ordered multiple copies whose orders where cancelled. I would love to know just how many of this book was actually mailed out.

IMG_7591.jpg

Amen. I had others who.ordered that cancelled. Plus I think you could order as many times as you wanted but they would also cancel those, I just did the one quantity and got one. That was cool of the boards to post up about it. Congrats on the 9.2! It it hadn't been pressed when you bought it there is hope! Lol awesome 💯 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/17/2024 at 11:51 AM, wampus13 said:

Finally have another one that I can post. This is the highest one on the Census, looks like there are 2 other signed copies, a 9.2 and 8.5. I got my copy of Mad #309 signed by all the main cast members of the show, expect Luke Perry (RIP). I was originally just going to get it signed by the people featured on the cover but they were all at Steel City Comic Con, so I decided screw my bank account and get it signed by all of them. It was not cheap getting all the signatures, I think I paid over $600 just for the signatures but this is one of my favorite items of my collection. Don’t like how they couldn’t fit who signed it on the front label and had to use the back label but I guess that is a first world problem

scan_jw9888rh_2024-07-17-10-33-02_1.jpeg

scan_jw9888rh_2024-07-17-10-33-02_2.jpeg

Awesome book! If it makes you feel better, before the new updated magazine slab like you have there, when they ran out of space you lost the first names and they had the last names with dates. 

Are you going to get Jaleel White to sign the back in future?

On 7/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Awesome book! If it makes you feel better, before the new updated magazine slab like you have there, when they ran out of space you lost the first names and they had the last names with dates. 

Are you going to get Jaleel White to sign the back in future?

Thanks, this book is one of my favorite items in my collection. I am not planning on getting Jaleal White to sign a book. The next few autographs I have planned is Ozzy Osborne, Dennis Rodman, Lee Majors and Lindsey Wagner. Kind of a odd ball group but I have good books for them to sign

Good afternoon, everyone. Just picked this one up recently. In addition, I just confirmed that this is the only issue graded for this variant on CGC’s census. 

IMG_5835.jpeg

On 7/22/2024 at 10:16 AM, WNC dude said:

Elephantmen #45. SIgned and sketched by Tula Lotay in May. Shipped this morning and isn't on the census yet. lol 

TN_CGC4414337-001_OBV.jpg

Correct, census is updated on Tuesdays. They also wait until the owner gets books before it becomes public on the census. Either tomorrow or a week from tomorrow unless things have changed. 

On 7/22/2024 at 2:50 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Correct, census is updated on Tuesdays. They also wait until the owner gets books before it becomes public on the census. Either tomorrow or a week from tomorrow unless things have changed. 

Was not aware of that. Thanks for the info!

I am absolutely stunned with the grade :jawdrop:  I did not have this one clearing 9.0. I will not believe this isn't an elaborate prank by CGC until the box arrives & I see the slab in hand. I capture the top spot for this book in the signature series & only two 9.6 Universals in the census. I couldn't be happier or more surprised.

The pre-graded sketch made the CGC instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/p/C61a16vrTrG/ (image 7)

AlterEgo-7.jpg

On 7/31/2024 at 1:52 PM, scburdet said:

I am absolutely stunned with the grade :jawdrop:  I did not have this one clearing 9.0. I will not believe this isn't an elaborate prank by CGC until the box arrives & I see the slab in hand. I capture the top spot for this book in the signature series & only two 9.6 Universals in the census. I couldn't be happier or more surprised.

The pre-graded sketch made the CGC instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/p/C61a16vrTrG/ (image 7)

AlterEgo-7.jpg

I have no idea what is going on with this comic, but I'm for sure impressed.

Not sure if these qualify for this category, but I'll throw them in here anyway because I just got them back, they're signed, and they're both top of census.  First one: Lots of 9.8's (no 9.9's or 10's) and SS's, but this authenticated label in this grade is currently 1 of 1, the only 9.8 authenticated copy.  Second one: 1 of 1 not only for highest grade and signed, but this is also the ONLY copy of this book (virgin edition) so far on the census.

CGC4461505-001_OBV.jpg

CGC4461505-003_OBV.jpg

On 7/31/2024 at 4:48 PM, Jstan70 said:

Not sure if these qualify for this category, but I'll throw them in here anyway because I just got them back, they're signed, and they're both top of census.  First one: Lots of 9.8's (no 9.9's or 10's) and SS's, but this authenticated label in this grade is currently 1 of 1, the only 9.8 authenticated copy.  Second one: 1 of 1 not only for highest grade and signed, but this is also the ONLY copy of this book (virgin edition) so far on the census.

CGC4461505-001_OBV.jpg

CGC4461505-003_OBV.jpg

The Sword of Azrael #1 is a nice book but it doesn’t qualify for this thread. There are 49 Signature Series 9.8s of this comic and I’m sure the majority of authenticated slabs are currently lone top census (since it’s so early in the process). You could always start a new thread for these though.

I currently have the only graded copy of this book which also happens to be signed and remarked by Tula Lotay. I got 2 other books recently that are the only graded copies of these particular books, but since they aren't Sig Series I am not going to post here, because I believe this is a sig series only thread?

TN_CGC4426503-001_OBV.jpg