• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This just in... new moderns in your collection...

319 posts in this topic

What is that... your 3rd #3 9.6 :sorry:

Actually yes, this is my 3rd CGC 9.6, and I also had a 9.4 along the way :tonofbricks:

You should talk to Brett (Solar). That guy can pluck a 9.8 out of a dumpster. :grin:

Thanks Chris, I might have to check out his dumpster "services" lol

There's alot of good stuff out there. I think Brubaker's Daredevil is better than Cap. Actually, Daredevil has been great since Bendis took over the writing. I recommend the entire run starting at the arc "Underboss". Once Bendis left the book, Brubaker picked right up where he left off and didn't miss a beat. Easily Marvel's best and most consistent title of the last 5 years.

Sounds good, may give the DD a try. Is there any decent DC superhero moderns? Corp Wars maybe? At my core, I am a Bronze DC man, but the DC moderns that I've looked at kinda looked like .

Here's a list of good DC stuff you may enjoy that are all available in trades:

Superman/Batman (the first three arcs were especially good)

Batman: The Long Halloween (second behind Dark Knight Returns for best Batman story ever)

Green Lantern: Rebirth (this was the mini that returns Hal to his rightful place as the real GL)

All-Star Superman (I think you can only get it in hardcover right now. But, if you're a fan of the older stuff, this will be right up your alley. Great one-and-done stuff)

Thanks for the advice. I picked up GL: Rebirth and it' well worth the $ and time to read. I liked the few extras at the beginning which provided some context. Great art and a great story. Excellent!!

Thanks for the advice. I picked up GL: Rebirth and it' well worth the $ and time to read. I liked the few extras at the beginning which provided some context. Great art and a great story. Excellent!!

Glad that you enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant to put that on the list just b/c of the enormous convoluted (sp?) backstory associated with it. Good to know that DC added a little "refresher course" in the trade. I had to do my reading up on DC's website to get the background.

Check out The Long Halloween next. You won't be disappointed. Perfect time of the year for it. (thumbs u

Glad that you enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant to put that on the list just b/c of the enormous convoluted (sp?) backstory associated with it. Good to know that DC added a little "refresher course" in the trade. I had to do my reading up on DC's website to get the background.

Check out The Long Halloween next. You won't be disappointed. Perfect time of the year for it. (thumbs u

It took a few pages to get acquainted with the characters, but the story carried along well. At times this story arc felt like a mid to late Bronze Marvel story from FF or Avengers - which is a good thing, a very good thing. Personally I like the early Bronze DC better than the late Bronze DC, which led me to switch to Marvel in the mid to late '70s.

Again good suggestion and I will probably go for the Batman - Long Halloween next. Then as someone else suggested in this thread, I may go for Daredevil: Underboss story.

Then as someone else suggested in this thread, I may go for Daredevil: Underboss story.

That was me as well (along with some others). Be sure to have your money ready to pick up the subsequent trades. That one'll have it's hooks in you quickly.

Tell ya what, we're all super lucky that Brubaker took the book after Bendis left. He's probably the only guy that is capable of keeping it going. Here's hoping he stays on for another 50 issues and Bendis takes it back over. =)

You can probably pick up Gotham Central super cheap on ebay. The entire run. Brubaker and Rucka teaming up for some Gotham goodness with current DD artist Lark. Great series that ended way too soon. I don't collect DC at all, but that book was too hard to resist, and thankfully Batman was practically a bit player, so there was no need to understand anything about Batman continuity.

What is that... your 3rd #3 9.6 :sorry:

Actually yes, this is my 3rd CGC 9.6, and I also had a 9.4 along the way :tonofbricks:

You should talk to Brett (Solar). That guy can pluck a 9.8 out of a dumpster. :grin:

Thanks Chris, I might have to check out his dumpster "services" lol

lol (thumbs u

congrats on the pickup EvilAsh!

swet cover no less

Thanks Raph! Yeah, I guess all of the white on the front makes it a tough book to get in 9.8,

as well as all of the black on the back cover

:cloud9: