• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Golden 'Nam Color Guides - Market Value???

17 posts in this topic

Michael Golden did the color guides for the first issue of the 'Nam,

as a guide for the regular colorist to follow. Golden did the guides

at 11 x 16 versus the traditional 6 x 9 and there are 22 pages to the

set. I think color guides are traditionally a hard sell, but, I'm

wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the value of these Golden

Color Guides?

Thanks,

Color guides are a strange beast. Hard to say with any accuracy what they're "worth". Mostly, what ever someone would pay for them.

I generally think about $5-10/page is a good rule for Copper/Modern books. Might get more if you sell as a complete issue. Also, these being larger than normal size, they might be a little higher.

Of course, if they were from say Miller's DD run, they'd bring alot more than that.

Yeah, not very helpful, I know. :tonofbricks:

Hi Bulldogs78 et all--Michael Golden was directed to this page on CS by one of his fans, and Michael tells me that these color guides were never returned back to him, and are therefore Stolen property--something we are sure the person possessing the pages is not aware of.

We'd like to contact the person who has them, and offer some kind of finders fee, unless of course, they are open to just returning the work back to the artist, since it was never given back to him in the first place.

No questions asked. Please ask the person in possession of the color guides to contact us.

Regards,

Renee Witterstaetter

agent for Michael Golden

evaink@aol.com

213-924-8280

wow, this is a hot topic.

given the fact that the person who owns them may have paid money for them and is in possesion of them now wouldn't that make them NOT michael golden color guides any more.

or micheal golden could go on ebay and buy them back if he has enough money to do so.

Only now that the color guides have some value are artists going to come out of the woodwork and claim they own them. At the time, they didn't give a about them and probably didn't have a contract drawn up that included the color guides.

First off michael golden has to prove that they were stolen !!!!!!!!

Second he has to prove that he owned them at the time that they were stolen if that's what happened.

He can't just say they were and get them back after they were sold some time in the late 80's or 90's .

Plus the person who now has them can dissaper like the wind if they wanted to and micheal just missed his chance again to own a piece of his art work.

Plus not all the art from WWII was given back only the stuff that the goverment knew about.

I got some DD color guides directly from the artist, Klaus Janson. in the early 1980s.... so Marvel was giving them back to the artist at that time.

However, the color guide market seemed stronger in the 1990s, when I traded the DD #184 color art for Uncanny Xmen #164 & 165 pages.

Best,