• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored, eh?

152 posts in this topic

I always wondered what happened to snizzenfixit...he just disappeared.

Has he now raised from dead? Or is this just a copycat...if so he's been lurking for the long time to have his picture.

Yeah- you can see where his mustache is slightly shorter just above the right commisure of the upper lip. Maybe about .5mm shorter.See where he's trimmed the right side of the mustache? ....It looks like he has dyed the periphery of the mustache to an off-blonde. If you adjust your pixels, you can see the blonde at the edge of the mustacghe certainly doesn't match the base blonde of the beard. It looks like a definite Just for Men color touch...

Yeah- you can see where his mustache is slightly shorter just above the right commisure of the upper lip. Maybe about .5mm shorter.See where he's trimmed the right side of the mustache? ....It looks like he has dyed the periphery of the mustache to an off-blonde. If you adjust your pixels, you can see the blonde at the edge of the mustacghe certainly doesn't match the base blonde of the beard. It looks like a definite Just for Men color touch...

He TRIMMED the moustache?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??! Well, you have your culprit right there! Old Man Kooschek!

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and that dog!

tonofbricks.gif

He TRIMMED the moustache?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??! Well, you have your culprit right there! Old Man Kooschek!

And he would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and that dog!

tonofbricks.gif

laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

an absurdly sign-funnypost.gif

not that any of you actually need to refute the pixel garbage essays posted by you-know-who... he is confusing pixels with printing dots throughout. Of course the 'inability' to post the images says it all.

Its sad that he is recognizable now in his very first posts, isnt it? Used to take awhile....

Hey Arch - - get out the hook again!

Actually, you are confusing what I said.

Dot patterns are visible as dots of a darker color printed against a lighter background. These areas are usually lighter in color. Pastels. The sky with blue area, or as in the case of AF15, a white background with gray dots, etc. Areas of darker color do not show this clearly delineated "darker dots on a lighter background" trait. Like the brown areas on the AF15.

I'm speaking of a clear, consistant, pattern (fingerprint) that emerges on a scanned image of adjacent pixels that show a consistant uniformity of color and hue. These differences in color and hue, from pixel to pixel are what produces this pattern.

F'rinstance, let's say there's a string of pixels on the scanned image and from the same starting point (any chosen arbitrary starting point. maybe where one suspects color touch), on an unrestored copy, from left to right, the consecutive pixel colors are:

Pixel 1: dark brown

Pixel 2: reddish brown

Pixel 3: light brown with yellow overtones

Pixel 4: cinnamon

Pixel 5: dark brown

Pixel 6: greenish brown

Pixel 7: light brown with yellow overtones

Pixel 8: greenish brown

Pixel 9: med. brown

Pixel 10: reddish brown

This is a "color/hue fingerprint" that I am speaking of. Individual consecutive pixels (in any direction) that are a constant on any unrestored AF15 as my work showed on three separate Ebay scanned images of this book (the one in the restored auction being the only one different).

Even if the book was printed with weaker colors, or there is fading, the values would be the same. Using the arbitrary example above, the 2nd pixel lighter than the first, the 3rd pixel lighter than the second, etc

My results on the the two Ebay examples that are unrestored were identical except for where color was missing altogether due to creasing and other wear.

I'm not talking about dots. I'm talking about each scanned image at proper saturation levels and magnification (a fixed level) of the same issue yielding a consistant pixel map. This is something that you won't see on the comic but on the scanned image of the comic with modification to the saturation levels and sharpness settings. And each same issue will produce the same map.

Unfortunately, I asked at least 7 times already if anyone would host the images, and not once did someone say, "Sure, let's see the images". Count my requests above, they're all still there.

foreheadslap.gif Exactly the attitude that I referred to which is why at this point, I won't bore you anymore with what I thought was an innovative way to examine scans if they're large enough to work with.

You win. Whatever it is that you've won, I have no idea of, but good luck with whatever it is anyway.

-Snizzenperry