• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where the Action is....

27 posts in this topic

How many seconds until that image is stolen and listed on eBay for $5,000,000?

Actually, it's taking longer than I thought to get the auction up. Haven't decided what to name all my shill accounts yet. (shrug)

I'd like to announce here that I will be sending a few prized comics from my collection to CGC for grading as I prepare for my first sale.

Flee's discovery of the original art to the cover of Action 1 has made it necessary for me to begin saving for the biggest purchase of my life.

act1art.jpg

lol Great job, Flee. :applause:

I'd like to announce here that I will be sending a few prized comics from my collection to CGC for grading as I prepare for my first sale.

Flee's discovery of the original art to the cover of Action 1 has made it necessary for me to begin saving for the biggest purchase of my life.

act1art.jpg

lol Great job, Flee. :applause:

Just send them to me, I'll have the slabbed for you...;) (after I read them:) It will save you a lot of postage, and I can iron them for you, too:) :angel:

Can I color that in, please, Flee? I have some markers right here, it looks a trifle drab...;):busy:

For Sale - Action Comics #1 Original Cover Art

You are bidding on an original print out of the original art recreated for the cover of Action Comics #1, the most valuable comic in the universe. If a nm copy of the actual Action Comics #1 were to ever sell, it would be for at least 1 meeelllyun dollars.

I'm not a professional original art print out grader, but, this work is in excellent condition. If you were to send it to CGC, it would probably come back as near mint minus or, 9.2. There are no toner smudges anywhere on the art. Corners are square and sharp.

Size of this Action Comics #1 original cover art print out is 8-1/2 x 11.

International bidders, please add 10% to compensate for the value of the falling dollar.

Opening bid: 1 meeelllyunnn dollars

UPDATE: you will be receiving the 2nd printing of this original art. I just realized that the first printing was done on the back of my kid's book report.

hey, Flee. awesome job. why is the area outside the cover browned but not inside? Looks great this way, but the border outline would have been inked right on the same boards as the white area inside the art, no? so inside and outside the lines would age the same.

also, this being issue #1, they would have typeset "No.1" in one piece, and not have to paste a :1" on top of the existing issue number until issue #2.

Im not griping, just asking why you made these choices on a fantastically realistic work of wonder!

hey, Flee. awesome job. why is the area outside the cover browned but not inside? Looks great this way, but the border outline would have been inked right on the same boards as the white area inside the art, no? so inside and outside the lines would age the same.

also, this being issue #1, they would have typeset "No.1" in one piece, and not have to paste a :1" on top of the existing issue number until issue #2.

Im not griping, just asking why you made these choices on a fantastically realistic work of wonder!

Good points Aman. I was trying to make this look like original art mounted on a previously used paste-up board. The browning outside of the border lines is supposed to be wax-adhesive residue. The logo area is slightly whiter than the artwork because it is a different paper stock pasted on top. You are correct about the "No. 1", it makes more sense that the letters and number should either be both typeset or both on the paste-up.

Perhaps they wanted to go with a different font for the number? :grin: Anyway, it can be the inconsistency that would make this readily identifiable if it shows up on eBay. lol

Good points Aman. I was trying to make this look like original art mounted on a previously used paste-up board. The browning outside of the border lines is supposed to be wax-adhesive residue. The logo area is slightly whiter than the artwork because it is a different paper stock pasted on top. You are correct about the "No. 1", it makes more sense that the letters and number should either be both typeset or both on the paste-up.

Perhaps they wanted to go with a different font for the number? :grin: Anyway, it can be the inconsistency that would make this readily identifiable if it shows up on eBay. lol

I think it's just perfect, the glue residue made it look more realistic and most people (hand raised) aren't sophiticated enough to realize both the letter and the numbers are usually paste up if it's done that way:) I wonder if you can market this for note cards, I have some Wonder Woman ones...they always sell out immediately. :cloud9:

THAT IS A FAKE!

I have the original art. I got it at a local Antique Shop for $25. :sumo:

1934195571_0a891a7c97_o.jpg

:gossip: Great Work again Flee! :applause:

lol Now I'm wondering if I have the real one or not. hm I'm thinking I might go back up in my Grandfather's attic and try to find a Schomburg cover next.