• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magazines CGC does not grade...

27 posts in this topic

What magazines that CGC doesn't grade would you like to see us start grading?

If it were up to me I'd want Time Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide to be graded.

What would you like to see graded?

If there is enough demand.....who knows?

I think if the character appears on the cover, it should be allowed such as entertainment weekly. There just are so few allowed magazines to get signed by celebrities.

Old pulps, men's racy & adventure mags of the 50's & 60's (things like Men's Adventure or Stag). I'd bet there's a real market for slabbed Playboys as well... right now even many older issues can be found really cheaply; I'll bet that if high grade slabbed copies start making the rounds, it could become really a hot item.

How about classic scifi mags like Amazing Stories (okay, that falls under 'pulp') or Astounding SF? More 'niche' mags like the 70's UFO books & paranormal stuff?

Thanks for asking for our input.

If it were up to me I'd want Time Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide to be graded.

Seriously, how many people would even bother to get that stuff slabbed? Very old Times and TV guides perhaps.

Treasuries would be cool.

How about by far the single most influential UK comic magazine of the last 30+ years?

Which is avidly collected by a legion of die-hard fans?

With truly superb covers (and stories) from ALL your favourite UK creators?

2000ad225.jpg

I've asked this before, and apparently it's about half an inch too wide? Make a wider slab! Please! :grin:

And while I'm at it, how about a UK branch? I still can't bring myself to ship a stack of mint comics across the atlantic in the hope that they make it back in the same condition, let alone the cost :eek:

Consider this my wish list :cloud9:

One would think that purely from a "historical" perspective, PLAYBOY would be a slam dunk. :grin:

Uh, historically speaking :blush:

Oh yeah, as for the Playboy idea... I'm willing to bet there'd be a LOT more 'crack outs'* , which would be good for business! :grin:

*I really did not intend that to sound so... crude! I meant, like, you know, opening the CGC case... :blush:

Old pulps, men's racy & adventure mags of the 50's & 60's (things like Men's Adventure or Stag). I'd bet there's a real market for slabbed Playboys as well... right now even many older issues can be found really cheaply; I'll bet that if high grade slabbed copies start making the rounds, it could become really a hot item.

How about classic scifi mags like Amazing Stories (okay, that falls under 'pulp') or Astounding SF? More 'niche' mags like the 70's UFO books & paranormal stuff?

That's the last thing I'm going to do, send Plitch my Playboys to get "graded" ;)

That's the last thing I'm going to do, send Plitch my Playboys to get "graded" ;)

Graded hell. Your pages would be stuck together. :sick: