• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen book alert (Showcase 8)

52 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Without going too much into all that happened, I had sent my Showcase 8 in to be graded and it ended up getting shipped to the wrong address, the guy claims he realizes it is not his book (duh) and sends it back, only it was missing the Showcase 8. He claims it wasn't in there, so now my book is MIA. If any of you happen to see a 3.0 Showcase 8, or a raw one that looks like the following scans, it is a stolen book. Here are the front and back scans. Thanks everyone. (thumbs u

Showcase8FC.jpg

Showcase8BC1.jpg

Hi everyone. Without going too much into all that happened, I had sent my Showcase 8 in to be graded and it ended up getting shipped to the wrong address, the guy claims he realizes it is not his book (duh) and sends it back, only it was missing the Showcase 8. He claims it wasn't in there, so now my book is MIA. If any of you happen to see a 3.0 Showcase 8, or a raw one that looks like the following scans, it is a stolen book. Here are the front and back scans. Thanks everyone. (thumbs u

Was the empty CGC case returned?

If so was it opened or still sealed?

Did the guy send it back of his own volition or only after he was informed CGC knew he had mistakenly been sent the book?

Sorry guys for not putting all the facts. Book missing after being graded, and I do not currently have the serial number. The book was shipped to the wrong person due to the submission form being filled out wrong, and was not an error on CGC's part. It was submitted to CGC via a third party. The book and the case were not returned, but rather a raw Batman issue (I don't know what number) was returned to CGC. The guy apparently signed for the package (it did have my name on the box) and claims he saw the book (the Batman issue) wasn't his and returned it to CGC.

Sorry guys for not putting all the facts. Book missing after being graded, and I do not currently have the serial number. The book was shipped to the wrong person due to the submission form being filled out wrong, and was not an error on CGC's part. It was submitted to CGC via a third party. The book and the case were not returned, but rather a raw Batman issue (I don't know what number) was returned to CGC. The guy apparently signed for the package (it did have my name on the box) and claims he saw the book (the Batman issue) wasn't his and returned it to CGC.

Holy Krap.

Sounds like three things went wrong all at once.

So no one can prove the guy got your book?

Hate to Monday morning Quaterback but all I can say is use third partys for submitting your books only when you need 30 for cheap value books or 50 moderns for the pre-screening limit and you need to combine your books with a third party to reach the total.

If you have good books like this one, do it yourself so no other "busy hands" touch them.

Why would CGC send a raw Batman book? I suppose an overhang could preclude slabbing, but that could be determined readily enough. Maybe one of the lawyers could weigh in, but it seems like there may be sufficient probable cause for the possibility that mail fraud occurred to get a warrant to search the guy's place.

Call CGC...find out what their shipping invoice specifies as to what books were shipped...if your books were all shipped to the "wrong address" guy then he stole the book... 'nuff said... ;)

It was just the Showcase by itself that was shipped.

Oh man, that is absolute BS! Sounds like an opportunist :censored:!

Sry to hear that's how this one is panning out, Kev. :eek:

Thanks Neal. I guess we can't all be honest people, otherwise I'd be out of a job. lol

What is his name & address? Post it for us all to consider.

I do have both name and address, but am afraid posting such might result in something tragic happening to the guy and myself feeling slightly guilty for said actions taking place. :insane:

Call CGC...find out what their shipping invoice specifies as to what books were shipped...if your books were all shipped to the "wrong address" guy then he stole the book... 'nuff said... ;)

It was just the Showcase by itself that was shipped.

Then call CGC to get their input...you need to start from square one in order to resolve this...

1-877-NM-COMIC

It was submitted to CGC via a third party.

Not to sound cute, but that was your first mistake. Hope you can resolve this issue.

It will be resolved, as I am going to be reimbursed the FMV of the book by the submitter. I'm just putting it out there in case anyone happens to see the book pop up anywhere for sale, then I am sure there would be some legal recourse.

It was submitted to CGC via a third party.

Not to sound cute, but that was your first mistake. Hope you can resolve this issue.

It will be resolved, as I am going to be reimbursed the FMV of the book by the submitter. I'm just putting it out there in case anyone happens to see the book pop up anywhere for sale, then I am sure there would be some legal recourse.

Wow, even in G/VG, this is not a cheap book. I'm glad the submitter will ante up for his error!