• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions - How is this possible?

104 posts in this topic

So, there were 2 books I was bidding on. I waited until about 5 minutes before the "Internet Bidding" ended @ 11:00 tonight before I placed bids.

Kept refreshing the page, watching the clock tick down. At 11:00 I was the high bidder on two books.

I refreshed the page at around 11:15. Still the high bidder on both books. I fully understand the "floor" bidding doesn't begin until 11:00 tomorrow morning, and there's always a good chance I'll be outbid then. Fine, but it ain't tomorrow yet!

About 10 minutes ago I just happen to look at one of the books, and magically, I've BEEN OUTBID?

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? The floor auction hasn't started yet. The corresponding Ebay auction doesn't have anything but a single starting bid; hundreds of dollars below my max bid.

I just don't see how it happened, that's all. I guess one can bid by phone or email - I just assumed those people would be waiting until the live floor bidding began - it's odd that a bid was emailed or phoned in at midnight on a work night for a insignificant book.

I guess when you're bidding against the house, anything's possible.

a legacy client is one who has spent too much money with Heritage (like me).

From the website:

Extended Bidding for Legacy Clients

Update your bids after regular Internet bidding has closed on all signature lots. Bid on-line up to several hours before a live session starts in all Signature Auctions, not just until 10 PM the night before the session.

I just don't see how it happened, that's all. I guess one can bid by phone or email - I just assumed those people would be waiting until the live floor bidding began - it's odd that a bid was emailed or phoned in at midnight on a work night for a insignificant book.

A legacy client can continue to bid on the internet, just like you did, until the deadline for legacy internet bidding expires. When your remaining time says "10 hours", his might say "1 day 10 hours". So no phone, email or conspiracies.

A legacy client can continue to bid on the internet, just like you did, until the deadline for legacy internet bidding expires. When your remaining time says "10 hours", his might say "1 day 10 hours". So no phone, email or conspiracies.

This sort of Bull :censored: is why I avoid Heritage

If only everyone would do the same I could have a really cheap collection of funny books to read.

If only everyone would do the same I could have a really cheap collection of funny books to read.

Even in jest...probably not hm

After reading the CGC employees thread the other day, its clear that the Heritage employees would probably buy 'em all.

Their internal Memos would have dozens of these all over the place! :takeit:

Yet another reason to dislike Heritage. Throw it on the pile. :tonofbricks:

Yes, giving your bigger customers additional benefits is such a unique, evil thing to do. I can't imagine any other company in the world does that. meh

there are also the deductions on seller commissions, pre-approved credit limits and secret handshake and dance

hey, I have not been shown the secret handshake yet!

gator

Yet another reason to dislike Heritage. Throw it on the pile. :tonofbricks:

Yes, giving your bigger customers additional benefits is such a unique, evil thing to do. I can't imagine any other company in the world does that. meh

Now this might be a shock to Tim, but I'm actually in full agreement here.

Folks, its naive to think that a guy like George who can drop $50,000+ or more at a single auction ISN'T going to get preferred treatmean over Joe Schmoe Comic Collector.

Taking care of your "best" customers is just good business. Its nothing more than that.