• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

17 years later...got my GRAIL...SHOWCASE 4

68 posts in this topic

Now THAT's a book!

Very nice. Congratulations. :golfclap:

And you asked what kind of nutter would cut out The Flash from a book?.. a little kid that's who!

I like the flash.. I will cut him out.

Ze-

Actually I didn't really mean resale, just better eye appeal. Restoration is its own bagaboo but adding the your cover over mine basically hides both defects.

Not a sales pitch on my part, but I really do like the aspect of marrying books that need it. Missing centerfolds or pages/coupons out are the classic examples. Try finding a coverless Hulk 181 with nice pages and it'll sell for as much as a Good copy with crappy pages.

And the Hulk #2 was it - thanks. I believe there was an Funny Pages with a Centaur on the cover that had a similar problem. Always good for a laugh.

And in no way is the your SC 4 in this lower class of books, just interesting for folks who buy ultra low grade.

Actually I didn't really mean resale, just better eye appeal. Restoration is its own bagaboo but adding the your cover over mine basically hides both defects.

Not a sales pitch on my part, but I really do like the aspect of marrying books that need it. Missing centerfolds or pages/coupons out are the classic examples. Try finding a coverless Hulk 181 with nice pages and it'll sell for as much as a Good copy with crappy pages.

And the Hulk #2 was it - thanks. I believe there was an Funny Pages with a Centaur on the cover that had a similar problem. Always good for a laugh.

And in no way is the your SC 4 in this lower class of books, just interesting for folks who buy ultra low grade.

Its definitely food for thought and your words reinforce my opinion that I was right to go after this copy aggressively.

The kind words and positive response from all you guys sort of doubles the pleasure in owning it.

I know now why its taken me so long to get one...aardvark has been stashing them all :insane:

Congrats. This books presents so well for its technical grade that restoration was my second thought when I saw it. The first was, wow! A piece like that which reaches the spine affects the book's longevity b/c it's prone to tearing more on the spine. I'm in favor of most resto that is actually conservation. Major congratulations on your acquisition.

Congrats on picking up your grail!!! Makes you feel good inside doesn't it? I remember the time I got my grail (AF #15) years back when I was strictly collecting SA books... I couldn't believe that I actually have a decent copy.. Ahh the memories!