• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So get this ... I brought a cgc comic off of ebay &...

319 posts in this topic

He already has three strikes. :gossip:

or just maybe, this dude can shed some light on the real JC. his comment about the Midget with 23,000+ posts is intriguing as he seemed to be saying that he knows JC from a Con/cons.

probably not, but who knows..................... hm

in any event, it seems that he has a fairly loyal customer base and could just use a small shot of improved customer service................ (shrug)

And I'm amazed at the restraint JC has shown in this thread. 2 years ago he would have went off on this guy like Tony Montana after 4 triple lattes.

Nah, it's the holiday season, my favorite time of the year. :banana:

or just maybe, this dude can shed some light on the real JC. his comment about the Midget with 23,000+ posts is intriguing as he seemed to be saying that he knows JC from a Con/cons.

Nah, Wes is just insulting me.

I met him at a Con, and he's about the same size as me - 6'2" 220 (not counting the curls :insane:) , maybe a bit lankier than me but I'm built bigger.

One thing's for sure, neither of us is a breadstick-armed wimp.

The guy shipped it in a "cushion mailer" envelope!! I really don't know what the guy was thinking sending it like this ...

Synch,

Sry to hear about your situation. :( I bought a Conan #6 beater (CGC 5.0) for just under $15 delivered once for a quick flip and the seller shipped it the same way. In my case, it arrived in good order (fortunately), I have yet to leave him FB. He seemed to have 100% and it did arrive OK, I was simply upset for the rather shoddy delivery method, but what did I expect for only $15 out-the-door? :screwy:

Certainly, it was no 9.8... had my situation been different, like yours, I may have been more miffed. :flamed:

He said I could get it recased for $10 anyone happen to know if thats true?!

Yep, that is true... plus S/H, of course. :makepoint: Yet, mislabel corrections are *FREE* (again plus S/H)! ;) (thumbs u

I have had cgcs shipped to me for less than $10 , + airmail with insurance via I forget how but I know it can be done .... I think maybe fedex?.. Its a envelope but its the nice airbuble type that provides real protection!! But hey if not there is at least insurance...

I got to agree with that, insulting people who buy from you and threatening them does not make anyone look good :D please don't view all CDNS based off this guy peeps :)

I don't. I view them all based on greggy.

Typical board member.Jim wilkerson I believe.I think I can list 10 people that could leave the boards to make them a peaceful place and you are on that list.You should not attack right away as real people with real knowledge of the hobby do no go on these boards because of peole like yourself.And of couse you havent bought off me otherwise you would have something negative to say about that too!!THIS is not an attack just a statement of fact!

Typical board member.Jim wilkerson I believe.I think I can list 10 people that could leave the boards to make them a peaceful place and you are on that list.You should not attack right away as real people with real knowledge of the hobby do no go on these boards because of peole like yourself.And of couse you havent bought off me otherwise you would have something negative to say about that too!!THIS is not an attack just a statement of fact!

I've talked with "real people", I'd rather call them collectors, and the general concensus is you are someone to avoid on eBay. This is not an attack but a statement of fact...

Jim

That sucks. Whenever I buy a slab from ebay, I always ask for a box. Send it to CGC and they'll reslab it...not sure of the fee.

I understand a lot of people ask for a box or double box but you SHOULDN'T have to ask...Anyone selling/shipping CGC slabs have got to provide a proper level of bubble wrap and/or peanuts etc. inside a Priority type box or equal type box to prevent basic damage...such as if gets dropped or flung into a bin etc. or if it gets "crushed" under other boxes etc the case will not get cracked...

Not providing this type of packaging is irresponsible and STUPID!!!

That sucks. Whenever I buy a slab from ebay, I always ask for a box. Send it to CGC and they'll reslab it...not sure of the fee.

Here's a link to the fee (it's $11 to re-holder)

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

Plus 25 bucks shipping both ways.

I understand a lot of people ask for a box or double box but you SHOULDN'T have to ask...Anyone selling/shipping CGC slabs have got to provide a proper level of bubble wrap and/or peanuts etc. inside a Priority type box or equal type box to prevent basic damage...such as if gets dropped or flung into a bin etc. or if it gets "crushed" under other boxes etc the case will not get cracked...

I have received books that were very well packaged and the slab will still get cracked. I think the design needs to be tweaked just a little.

If a slab is cracked I normally don't go off the deep end as long as the book is fine.

Here's a link to the fee (it's $11 to re-holder)

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

Plus 25 bucks shipping both ways.

Yeah, that S&H is killer, which is why most people wait til they have like 10+ broken slabs before sending them in.

REALLY AND YOU AND YOUR CRONIES MAKE UP THE GENERAL CONSENSUS.HOW ABOUT LIST SOME NAMES CHANCES ARE I HAVE DEALT WITH THEM MANY TIMES AND STILL DO.

You're not doing anything in this thread to prove them wrong... lol

Jim

I have received books that were very well packaged and the slab will still get cracked. I think the design needs to be tweaked just a little.

If a slab is cracked I normally don't go off the deep end as long as the book is fine.

Agreed...it's still possible that they could get cracked but I think you understand my point...packaging to a minimum standard to prevent at least accidental damage such as dropping the book/box on its corner on a concrete floor, say...

Hey man chill out jim.Peace and love.The only thing I am proving is that I can reply to critics and people that talk about me and my dealings.Hey I have met jc in person.That deserves high acclaim in itself.I might even give sho nuff a free book to settle his many posts about me.Plus I like his name reference.