• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC Strike 3

183 posts in this topic

So what exactly got him suspended? Apparently he didn't go all tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY on someone...so what did he do?

I don't see where he went overboard...at least to the extent to warrant a third suspension... (shrug)

Jim

I think he said bad things about Comiclink.

Mild they may have been, but nobody disses CLink. (tsk)

meh

a "dis" is one thing, but suggesting that CLink not only allows shill bidding but actively instigates same is another ball of wax.

like him or don't like him, that's one's personal preference. i myself think that if he could manage to stick to topics he actually has a good deal of knowledge about, he would be a valued member of the community. i respect his knowledge of Marvel in the Bronze Age above any other member here. the fact that he cannot seem to resist getting immediately personal and pejorative when disagreed with makes it impossible for me to like him, however. the defensiveness he exhibits when called out for being unnecessarily vindictive - witness the repeated and childish references to his not buying at the VCC - is equally annoying and frustrating.

people who say "he never bothered me" have never been condescendingly and biliously sideswiped by him as he attempts to make a point

Apparently he didn't go all tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY on someone...so what did he do?

Cool, tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY is not caught by the filters!

moderator notified. for shame

So what exactly got him suspended? Apparently he didn't go all tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY on someone...so what did he do?

I don't see where he went overboard...at least to the extent to warrant a third suspension... (shrug)

Jim

meh

So now you can get suspended here for having an opinion on someone else's website? Something's not right in that scenario and begs the question on what is and isn't off-bounds here...

Jim

Jim

meh

So now you can get suspended here for having an opinion on someone else's website? Something's not right in that scenario and begs the question on what is and isn't off-bounds here...

Jim

no offense Jim, but if we knew that scenario was the actual reason he got a strike, then you'd have a point. i haven't seen any reason to think that the Mods would strike someone for merely speaking badly about an advertiser.

what we have seen in the past is that if you make insinuations that an advertiser or partner of CGC - or CGC itself - is engaged in fraudulent business practices, then that is a no-no and strike-worthy, especially if the one making the insinuation is a long-time member and fully aware of that policy

I don't see where he went overboard...at least to the extent to warrant a fifth suspension... (shrug)

Jim

Fixed your post.

Fifth? lol

Even if you only consider his "Joe_Collector" shill, this is comicinvestor's 7th strike:

11/03/03 - Physical threats.

08/06/04 - Starting flame-only threads against other members.

02/08/06 - Name calling/offensive posts.

08/24/06 - For Trolling ComicLink per SteveB.

08/08/07 - Name calling and racist remarks are not welcome here and the philosophy of 'he slapped me so I am allowed to punch him' is not accepted here.

10/22/07 - Inflaming a situation after instructions by the moderators to drop it.

11/29/07 - a pattern of posting to antagonize the hosts of this board and/or their customers is against board guidelines

I don't see where he went overboard...at least to the extent to warrant a fifth suspension... (shrug)

Jim

Fixed your post.

Fifth? lol

Even if you only consider his "Joe_Collector" shill, this is comicinvestor's 7th strike:

11/03/03 - Physical threats.

08/06/04 - Starting flame-only threads against other members.

02/08/06 - Name calling/offensive posts.

08/24/06 - For Trolling ComicLink per SteveB.

08/08/07 - Name calling and racist remarks are not welcome here and the philosophy of 'he slapped me so I am allowed to punch him' is not accepted here.

10/22/07 - Inflaming a situation after instructions by the moderators to drop it.

11/29/07 - a pattern of posting to antagonize the hosts of this board and/or their customers is against board guidelines

He's a shill... :o

'COMIC INVESTOR'...I thought he despised that ilk...double :o

Deathlok was extremely kind to me, so I miss his presence around here. I do understand why he was banned, I just want to give him props for having a big heart.

That's either insane or inane. Sorry Joanna. You should have walked a day (or a month to be more exact) in the shoes of some of the folks he tracked like a rabid dog. He got what he deserved, and I liked him too.

Red

Deathlok was extremely kind to me, so I miss his presence around here. I do understand why he was banned, I just want to give him props for having a big heart.

That's either insane or inane. Sorry Joanna. You should have walked a day (or a month to be more exact) in the shoes of some of the folks he tracked like a rabid dog. He got what he deserved, and I liked him too.

He spearheaded the Forum effort to help her out during a tough patch... :gossip:

Jim

Red

Yeah...what a big heart the guy had. Let's all have a group hug to remember his essence. Guess he never singled you out by stating you gave oral pleasure to the entire board. Darn right he got what he deserved. Unlike others on the boards, I didn't roll over and take his garbage. Want proof? He isn't here any longer is he?

JC could be just as ruthless sometimes, but 'lok and JC were total opposites in my opinion.

Scott

Not directed at you Scott but,

Now that I think about it, when there are flame wars going on during the weekends and threads get pulled real quickly, and we come back on Monday only to see strikes handed out. My question is, who does all the thread pulling? because obviously the 2 main Mods are not here during the weekend hm

Who are these mysterious Mods?

Now that I think about it, when there are flame wars going on during the weekends and threads get pulled real quickly, and we come back on Monday only to see strikes handed out. My question is, who does all the thread pulling? because obviously the 2 main Mods are not here during the weekend hm

:gossip:

:gossip:

Are you a Mod in disguise? :o

He's a shill... :o

'COMIC INVESTOR'...I thought he despised that ilk...double :o

True, and true. Vince used to run a "Comic Investor" website with the url of comicinvestor.com, with articles such as "The top 10 Bronze Age Investment Comic Books", and he carried the name over here when he signed up. Truth really is stranger than fiction sometimes, eh? doh!