• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nice goldenage for auction...

83 posts in this topic

Guess I was wasting my time by bidding on their site(where I'm still listed as high bidder) rather than just bidding on eBay. eBay would have at least emailed me an outbid notice.

Peter, the high bid on eBay must not include the 20% buyer's premium. If it does, then I must be the winner on the Action 29, but I've been given no indication that that's the case, and a floor bidder is listed as the winner of the book.

How bizzare is that -- you get more accurate info from ebay than from the site of the auction house itself?! This certainly is not going to endear Mastronet with many of its "members."

I'm just glad that I wasn't overly interested in any books in this auction. I would be very PO'd if I got ambushed like you did, Jeff. I cannot imagine any reasonable scenario in which they would allow a $17 snipe on the floor in light of their stated bidding rules. Even Heritage does not allow cut bids that low. I would like to see Mastronet come on here and explain themselves.

Guess I was wasting my time by bidding on their site(where I'm still listed as high bidder) rather than just bidding on eBay. eBay would have at least emailed me an outbid notice.

Peter, the high bid on eBay must not include the 20% buyer's premium. If it does, then I must be the winner on the Action 29, but I've been given no indication that that's the case, and a floor bidder is listed as the winner of the book.

Guessing that "floor bidder" is the internet or phone bids rather than e-bay live.

But like you will have to wait and see :wishluck:

I'd like to know too.

I think I'm highest bidder on both but clueless as to whether I have them and at what levels?

George, I know you were after the Tec #25, what is the other book?

An upgrade on the #16.

Mine is a Gd that I bought from Harley Lee.

I'd like to know too.

I think I'm highest bidder on both but clueless as to whether I have them and at what levels?

An upgrade on the #16.

:golfclap:

I'd like to know too.

An upgrade on the #16.

Is he related to Harley Yee?

I'd like to know too.

An upgrade on the #16.

they are step cousins

I'd like to know too.

An upgrade on the #16.

they are step cousins

AH, thanks for the clarification.

I'd like to know too.

An upgrade on the #16.

they are step cousins

AH, thanks for the clarification.

that is what I am here for!

Harley Yee ate Harley Lee.

My wife and I saw Harley at a convention - she later whispered to me that she thought his assistant was his "boy lover". I told her she was crazy, but she insisted there was some tension of the sexual variety between those two. :blush:

My wife and I saw Harley at a convention - she later whispered to me that she thought his assistant was his "boy lover". I told her she was crazy, but she insisted there was some tension of the sexual variety between those two. :blush:

That is Harley's nephew. (tsk)

That is Harley's nephew. (tsk)

I tsk'd my wife about it too - I don't know if she was just being particularly ornery that day, or was just completely bored being at a geek fest... (shrug)