• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con 2008

268 posts in this topic

Have I been at the wrong place.? This was the only dealer table I could find. (shrug)

lol Great pic, Mike! :hi:

Did you take that yourself this weekend?

Yeah, I think it was on 34th just up from the Javits Center. I didn't even notice the NYPD car in the background till I posted the pic.

Have I been at the wrong place.? This was the only dealer table I could find. (shrug)

Yeah, I think it was on 34th just up from the Javits Center. I didn't even notice the NYPD car in the background till I posted the pic.

This pic needs to be framed & go on the wall. (worship)

Geez, there are even a couple decent books on his table. Did you go through his boxes??

Classic lol

Met Gator Rick and Filter81 Adam who are both very professional comic bk collector/dealers. I will let Detective27kid (Rick) tell his fantastic sale of his entire Timely WALL display to a major dealer in 1 fell swoop! Congrats buddy.

:o:applause:

Congrats!

Nice pictures you posted Doug! Going to that Hudson restaurant was great. I'll see you at the show tomorrow right? I need to take some pictures!

I'll be there with bells on, man (Whatever that means . . . nonsensical saying :shrug: )

Will have the young one in tow (silverage6¢?), and I'm feeding him well today so that he'll have the strength to lug my around the show floor lol Will ring you when I hit the con

BEHOLD!

Issa has done what I feared might be impossible!

ISSA GOT ME A JOKER SKETCH BY JERRY ROBINSON!!

He's still in the Big Apple, and I won't have it for a little while, but he actually has it in his possession!

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

.......................ISSA

...........................|

...........................|

................LN......\/

allhail.gif

I'm off to change my signature line! rockin.gif

ISSA GOT ME A JOKER SKETCH BY JERRY ROBINSON!!

:applause:

He called about an hour ago and I would have posted sooner, but I've been running in circles slapping my forehead with both hands and screaming.

:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol:grin:lol

Hey guys...Just a quick heads up for those of you attending the NYCC. If you need mylars, half-backs, full-backs or whatever else, you can pick it up at our booth at the CGC forum wholesale prices after 2: p.m. on Sunday. This is only for forum members just tell me who you are. We are at booth number 2832. Enjoy the show!!

Save on th Shipping!!

Jeff

Did not know which table/booth Jerry Robinson was going to be signing at as it was not listed on their website last week. Missed out on the Murphy Anderson signing as I was still at lunch after visiting the Museum of Anthropology(?) across from Central Park. Saw lots of dinosaur skeleton type props on the 4th floor (more faked than the Tyrell Museum outside of Calgary, AB, Canada).

Could not get any free movie promo t-shirts at Comic-con so went to Macy's to try to get greggy a token gift. Show your passport or bus pass to get an extra 11% off of their 1/2 price shirts, etc.

Got into the wrong line up to catch Eva Mendes live in person. Went too early so had to watch the promo on the non-Ang Lee Hulk 2 movie. Tim Roth appeared in person for the question/answer session to discuss the nuances of the super soldier serum and his metamorphosis into the villain, Abomination!

Quite an ordeal to line up for 1 hr downwind of Hulk-a-maniacs debating the virtues of will Hulk speak, who will do the voice for "Hulk smash puny humans!" (Ahhnold Schwartzenneger or Lou ferrigno?).

The main IGN theater held about 5k sweaty fans on the main floor and had overflow 2 sided balcony for about another 1k fans.

Unlisted bonus was the young actor/sidekick announcing the preview reel from Speed Racer. Later on head of DC, Paul Levitz, did the intro to Chris Nolan directed Batman vs Joker new movie w/ an advance preview not on Apple.com/trailers yet (not for 2 weeks anyways). The crowd went NUTZ after the Batman promo which altered the origin of Two-face compared to the bat-mythos.

Hard act to follow as Frank Miller and the stunning Eva Mendas (Scarlett Johannsen did not show up) did their promo next for 2009's Spirit movie. Almost too much CGI, me thinks. With the massive 5k ppl line ups, the Spirit trailer was almost 1 hr behind schedule.

** Security was very lax on the Sat. which means some fans may have been able to sneak downstairs to watch all the Hollywood promos for free.

**** spoiler **** Tony Stark makes a cameo app. in the Hulk 2 movie oppposite, is that Thunderbolt Ross's younger protege (forgot his name as I don't read Hulk comics)?

Maybe the comics were theirs (shrug):jokealert: ...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BEHOLD! Issa has done what I feared might be impossible!  ISSA GOT ME A JOKER SKETCH BY JERRY ROBINSON!! He's still in the Big Apple, and I won't have it for a little while, but he actually has it in his possession!  THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! .......................ISSA...........................|...........................|................LN......\/allhail.gifI'm off to change my signature line! rockin.gif
HEY!!....you DO realize how UNFAIR this is for the rest of us.GOD BLESS...

**** spoiler **** Tony Stark makes a cameo app. in the Hulk 2 movie oppposite, is that Thunderbolt Ross's younger protege (forgot his name as I don't read Hulk comics)?

You might be refering to Major Talbot.GOD BLESS...

MAJOR TALBOT :frustrated: One dufus the Hulk should smash.

MAJOR TALBOT :frustrated: One dufus the Hulk should smash.

(thumbs u