• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
15 15

1,778 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2024 at 3:41 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I can never remember whether this is Bronze or Copper so I’ll just post it here.

image.thumb.jpeg.115a243a081beeab3da532f43337f8cb.jpeg

First, beautiful books, great signatures. 

I like to use ASM 252 as the start of the Copper Age for Spidey myself, it's just a good starting point.  The JR Jr run being at the very tail end of the Bronze Age.  Hell, if I am completely honest, Ross Andru's last ASM issue (185) is my real end of the Bronze Age, but I am man enough to admit that just because my favorite Spidey artist left, didn't mean the era ended for everyone, lol.

In my wildest dreams as a youth, I never would have believed that in 2024, a virtually flawless, perfect copy of ASM annual #9, in 9.8, a reprint, would auction for $5,000.

I'm ok with my copy. :cloud9:

annual 9.jpg

On 9/2/2024 at 11:08 AM, sledgehammer said:

I was very happy to find the old label book, because it always killed me that I had sold this one years ago.

annual 9.jpg

I like this cover better than the painted one.  I feel the details are just sharper.  

On 9/2/2024 at 9:02 AM, sledgehammer said:

In my wildest dreams as a youth, I never would have believed that in 2024, a virtually flawless, perfect copy of ASM annual #9, in 9.8, a reprint, would auction for $5,000.

I'm ok with my copy. :cloud9:

annual 9.jpg

I agree. Some of these recent Bronze Age 9.8 prices have been jaw dropping. 

On 9/2/2024 at 11:40 AM, Spider-Variant said:

I like this cover better than the painted one.  I feel the details are just sharper.  

Me too. This cover made such an impression on me, that I remember the drugstore where my dad bought it for me in 1973.

The continuity confused the hell out of me when I first saw it, because I'm almost positive the Goblin was dead when this came out.

lol

On 9/2/2024 at 12:58 PM, sledgehammer said:

Me too. This cover made such an impression on me, that I remember the drugstore where my dad bought it for me in 1973.

The continuity confused the hell out of me when I first saw it, because I'm almost positive the Goblin was dead when this came out.

lol

Yes, Marvel even told you that on the cover, lol. :headbang:

Edited by Spider-Variant

I remember somebody in this thread years ago saying nice mid grades are out of reach on this book.

Times have certainly changed.

:cloud9: