• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
12 12

1,671 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2024 at 1:13 PM, kimik said:

Yes. The All Detergent giveaway. There are three versions from what I can tell - no price without a sticker, a white sticker, and this yellow sticker. Not sure if one is rarer than the others.

Nice book.  There is really only one version of this book.  That is the No price with a yellow sticker.  Obviously the ones without the sticker, which are most copies, are just copies where someone has removed the yellow sticker.  The white stickers are really faded yellow stickers or white in appearance due to the nature of the photo. 

There is a thread with a regular priced issue of ASM 184 with the yellow sticker.  No one really knows much about it though.

I had at one time five copies with the sticker removed and one with the sticker still on it.  I traded the stickered copy for some nice loot.  I used to track this book on ebay to attempt to understand the distribution.  I found it was similar to the 35 cent variants, where there were definitely select distribution areas.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:12 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Nice book.  There is really only one version of this book.  That is the No price with a yellow sticker.  Obviously the ones without the sticker, which are most copies, are just copies where someone has removed the yellow sticker.  The white stickers are really faded yellow stickers or white in appearance due to the nature of the photo. 

There is a thread with a regular priced issue of ASM 184 with the yellow sticker.  No one really knows much about it though.

I had at one time five copies with the sticker removed and one with the sticker still on it.  I traded the stickered copy for some nice loot.  I used to track this book on ebay to attempt to understand the distribution.  I found it was similar to the 35 cent variants, where there were definitely select distribution areas.

Thank you for the info. So the yellow stickered copies are the harder ones to find. Sweet.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:50 PM, kimik said:

Thank you for the info. So the yellow stickered copies are the harder ones to find. Sweet.

They were worth much more too, the last time I looked. Your copy looks lovely.

I never managed to get a stickered one before abandoning ASM completism many years ago, but here are my old two copies, one slabbed, one with a very unsuccessful sticker removal attempt.

Spoiler

184all2.thumb.jpg.7871cee93a47b8f2e096cc212d40a576.jpg 184alldetergentraw.thumb.jpg.198526eb5146d495d545c59dd8b2089c.jpg

Clearly the previous owners did not know what they had....

Sorry to see that they destroyed the one copy trying to remove the sticker. I am debating whether to get my copy graded or not. It is nicer than the copies with stickers currently listed on eBay, but does the current market mean it is not worth it price-wise?

On 2/19/2024 at 9:14 AM, kimik said:

Sorry to see that they destroyed the one copy trying to remove the sticker. I am debating whether to get my copy graded or not. It is nicer than the copies with stickers currently listed on eBay, but does the current market mean it is not worth it price-wise?

Not sure what these are going for today.  The copy I had was graded after I traded it and came back an 8.0.  Highest copy with a sticker I have seen.  Yours maybe higher but hard to determine a grade in the plastic bag.  Please post it if you do get it graded.

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 2/19/2024 at 12:15 PM, makeminemarvel said:

Picked up these Bronze Age Spideys from a Craigslist ad. In looking at my existing 143 compared to the new one the blue/purple stood out but upon further review it’s just fading. 

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

Maybe, maybe not on the fading.  There are a lot of blue copies out there.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:50 AM, kimik said:

I found that thread to the odd ASM regular issue with the All Detergent sticker.  I complied a lot of data for the thread.  I would say based on a quick ebay search, more stickered copies are coming out into the open.

On 2/19/2024 at 1:15 PM, makeminemarvel said:

Picked up these Bronze Age Spideys from a Craigslist ad. In looking at my existing 143 compared to the new one the blue/purple stood out but upon further review it’s just fading. 

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

Wow, what a great batch of Silver and Bronze Spidey comics!!! Nice score!!!  :applause: