• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2....Up, Up and Away to $25K! WTF?

17 posts in this topic

Superman #2 CGC 5.5 on eBay.... :screwy:

eBay link

Same copy sold for $4.5K on ComicLink last month....Is this for real?

GE

nope, it is a scam...bennoss owns the copy (in AU)....trooper must be having fun with it (there is already another thread on it!)

gator

I'd guess this account is highjacked.

nope, not hijacked, just a scammer...I emailed them about viewing the books in person this weekend, they responded via ebay that the books were in a bank vault, and that they did not have time to retrieve them for me to view...

the bat 1 is owned by gardenvale in the UK, and swapto owns the supes 2...so, I emailed back asking "which country" their bank was in lol

I'd guess this account is highjacked.

nope, not hijacked, just a scammer...I emailed them about viewing the books in person this weekend, they responded via ebay that the books were in a bank vault, and that they did not have time to retrieve them for me to view...

the bat 1 is owned by gardenvale in the UK, and swapto owns the supes 2...so, I emailed back asking "which country" their bank was in lol

lol I only guessed they were highjacked by a scammer because the feedback started out with legitimate-looking sales until the Transformers books.

A highjacked account was my first thought too, given the sudden move from 99-cent books to high-dollar scams.....but the "voice" of the current auctions and the past ones is pretty consistent. I guess the cheap books were just to get a feedback cushion (albeit a lousy one!).

Superman #2 CGC 5.5 on eBay.... :screwy:

eBay link

Same copy sold for $4.5K on ComicLink last month....Is this for real?

GE

:acclaim: i guess i should flattered ....

B.

ill be reporting it to ebay.

as well you should...dern scammers, I dispise them :frustrated:

it ended!

lol

i guess i got em :acclaim:

excellent, and they are out the fees for trying to scam!

First off, I'm a bit ticked off with "you guys". Based on this thread/ notifying E-Bay the following transaction took place:

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction

p***i( 164) Retracted: US $24,900.00

Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Dec-14-07 04:54:00 PST

Retracted: Dec-14-07 14:34:22 PST

u***n( 1429) Cancelled: US $8,888,888.88

Explanation: this book is not worth that much dont know buyers intent Bid: Dec-14-07 04:30:16 PST

Cancelled: Dec-14-07 12:16:57 PST

s***u( 122) Cancelled: US $3,333,333.00

Explanation: buyer bid up book dont know his intent Bid: Dec-14-07 11:02:13 PST

Cancelled: Dec-14-07 12:32:54 PST

If the auction was left alone and the book sold for over $8 million dollars, would I have stood a chance to get $10,000 for my book?

superman2fpcgc.jpghttp://jkimages.homestead.com/files/superman2fpcgc.jpg

Point 2) Why does it matter whether the seller owns the book he is offering or not?

All he has to do is buy Ben's copy to deliver against the sale.. One of the first rules I was taught when I started trading was:

"He who sells what isn't his'n, Must buy it back or go to prison."

Maybe, after the book was sold Ben would have received an E-mail with an offer?

Jay

First off, I'm a bit ticked off with "you guys". Based on this thread/ notifying E-Bay the following transaction took place:

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Bidder Action / Explanation Date of Bid and Retraction

p***i( 164) Retracted: US $24,900.00

Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Dec-14-07 04:54:00 PST

Retracted: Dec-14-07 14:34:22 PST

u***n( 1429) Cancelled: US $8,888,888.88

Explanation: this book is not worth that much dont know buyers intent Bid: Dec-14-07 04:30:16 PST

Cancelled: Dec-14-07 12:16:57 PST

s***u( 122) Cancelled: US $3,333,333.00

Explanation: buyer bid up book dont know his intent Bid: Dec-14-07 11:02:13 PST

Cancelled: Dec-14-07 12:32:54 PST

[snippage]

One of the first rules I was taught when I started trading was:

"He who sells what isn't his'n, Must buy it back or go to prison."

Two things, both slightly off topic:

1. Has any masked bidder ID shown up as f***u?

2. From "Gangs of New York" p. 77 "Another of the Hookers [a river pirate gang] was Piggy Noles, who stole a rowboat, repainted it and the sold it to his original owner."

actually Jay...if I ever make some more money next year, per my email to you not too long ago, we might be discussing a nice batch of supes :wishluck:

Hurry..................Because the books could be gone in a ......................

FLASH........

flashcomics60cgc9.4.jpghttp://jkimages.homestead.com/files/flashcomics60cgc9.4.jpg

OOPS -WRONG THREAD.

frisco goodness