• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superworld's grading...any good?

33 posts in this topic

Teddy Vanliew is a super nice guy. :grin: I have been buying from him since 1995. He always makes you happy with your books. Easy to deal with and will work on prices with you. Over the past 12 years, I have seen his grading improve and become tighter. I don't buy Bronze too much, so i dunno how his grading is there, but I know his GA/SA can be off a bit. But, he's always willing to make it right so that makes up for it. I haven't bought from him in awhile, but he always sends me scans on request. I just make sure I leave a +-1.0 grade buffer. We did a big trade deal for some key GA in ' 97 and he graded the book I was getting a 5.0. I thought the book was a 4.0 at best, and CGC called it a 3.0. But, I wanted the book so it worked out anyway...

i've bought from ted before, and the outcome was excellent, but it was also cheaper books. i bought detective comics 411 last night. it's listed as a NM-. i would've asked for a scan, but thought someone might buy it before i get a scan, and HG copies of 411 are so hard to find, esp for less than $80.

also, how is his packaging. i forget how my last purchase came.

So you're the one who beat me to it. :sumo: At least it wasn't a 9.0 copy of #395, I guess.

I would recommend buying from him, as long as you stay away from his HG Adams Batmans and Tecs!

lol. and this is why i didn't wait for a scan. i'm glad i didn't wait too, as the book appears to be an easy 9.0. i'm still looking for a 9.4 raw, but at least now i can wait. just have to find 405 now. and don't worry, i'm at least two years away from looking for a tec' 395

i've bought from ted before, and the outcome was excellent, but it was also cheaper books. i bought detective comics 411 last night. it's listed as a NM-. i would've asked for a scan, but thought someone might buy it before i get a scan, and HG copies of 411 are so hard to find, esp for less than $80.

Ted's one of the best guys in the business. his grading is certainly within tolerance of 'the norm' for dealers, and of course he'll take refunds on anything you have a problem with. a grade-A, super-nice fella. i literally opened a box from him in the last 5 minutes, a nice l.b. cole blue bolt weird tales, and the grade was spot-on, in my opinion.

Ted's one of the best guys in the business. his grading is certainly within tolerance of 'the norm' for dealers, and of course he'll take refunds on anything you have a problem with. a grade-A, super-nice fella. i literally opened a box from him in the last 5 minutes, a nice l.b. cole blue bolt weird tales, and the grade was spot-on, in my opinion.

Good to know. I'll have to check out his website. (thumbs u

So you're the one who beat me to it. :sumo: At least it wasn't a 9.0 copy of #395, I guess.

I would recommend buying from him, as long as you stay away from his HG Adams Batmans and Tecs!

lol. and this is why i didn't wait for a scan. i'm glad i didn't wait too, as the book appears to be an easy 9.0. i'm still looking for a 9.4 raw, but at least now i can wait. just have to find 405 now. and don't worry, i'm at least two years away from looking for a tec' 395

Good luck with a raw 9.4 of any of those books :wishluck:

so i got my packages last night. excellent packaging. as far as grades, two books were spot on, my tec 411 was slightly overgraded (listed as 9.2, but is really a 9.0), but still beautiful, and the king size conan had a severe mis wrap, so i'll send that back. but with the $6 credit i have (plus what i'll get for the conan book), i'll def. be buying again.

Hmmmm....

Anyways... Ted's surely one of the good guys out there. An asset to collectors for sure.

have had numerous deals with teddy....never an issue. grading is subjective and yeah he might miss a few here and there...but no problem sending something back or getting another deal done. do a deal at a show, you can check the books out yourself and he is always a hoot.

prices...wait for a sale or do something crazy...like make an offer or negotiate. check out other dealers' sites...... :o

prices...wait for a sale or do something crazy...like make an offer or negotiate. check out other dealers' sites...... :o

He is definitely willing to negotiate. I placed about 20 offers on his website and he accepted all but a few of them. Very competitive pricing for as described grades.

When the books arrived I was pleased with all but one of the them. I contacted him regarding the book in question and he gave a 100% refund, and he also comped me a more than generous portion of my initial shipping fees.

Superworld is one of the good guys in this business in my opinion.

Made a purchase some time ago of a couple DC war comics. One of them, a copy of OFF 19 was listed as fine. When I got it, the front cover was so brittle it separated inside of the mylar. Ted returned my money promptly, curteously, and with zero issues.

He also worked with me one time on a good deal for a stack of Richie Rich giants from the mid 60's. Yes, great guy to deal with.