• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superworld's grading...any good?

33 posts in this topic

i've bought from ted before, and the outcome was excellent, but it was also cheaper books. i bought detective comics 411 last night. it's listed as a NM-. i would've asked for a scan, but thought someone might buy it before i get a scan, and HG copies of 411 are so hard to find, esp for less than $80.

also, how is his packaging. i forget how my last purchase came.

Bottom line - Ted can be accurate. He can undergrade. He can overgrade. Overall I've rarely had a problem when I bought from him. BUT - you will never find a more reasonable and fair minded dealer. Not to say others are not reasonable and fair-minded but Ted is the poster boy for that. Returns are never a problem for him and if there is a mistake on his part he will not only immediately own up to it but also crack some disparaging jokes about himself. He is a most amusing dealer. If you ever get a chance to buy from him in person do so. It is a really funny and rewarding experience.

If you ever get a chance to buy from him in person do so. It is a really funny and rewarding experience.

This says it in a nutshell.

Ted's Christmas cards are also funny and rewarding.

Bought 4 books last summer. All overgraded. One was so bad I wondered if he was looking at the same book.

One was a DC bronze listed as a NM+. My grade was 8.5/9.0 :(

Bought a Silver Surfer 5 that he said was NM 9.4 - came back from CGC VF+ 8.5 - to me this is a one point drop in grade.

Resubmitted it and got a VF/NM 9.0.

CAL

so i got my packages last night. excellent packaging. as far as grades, two books were spot on, my tec 411 was slightly overgraded (listed as 9.2, but is really a 9.0), but still beautiful, and the king size conan had a severe mis wrap, so i'll send that back. but with the $6 credit i have (plus what i'll get for the conan book), i'll def. be buying again.

Bought a few comics from Ted before CGC existed. He can be hit or miss as others have

said here. His certainly is very agreeable about returning comics, and at the time I dealt

with him, he returned the postage also.

My dealing with him have been over the phone, and he was a very easy going man.

Bottom line - Ted can be accurate. He can undergrade. He can overgrade. Overall I've rarely had a problem when I bought from him. BUT - you will never find a more reasonable and fair minded dealer. Not to say others are not reasonable and fair-minded but Ted is the poster boy for that. Returns are never a problem for him and if there is a mistake on his part he will not only immediately own up to it but also crack some disparaging jokes about himself. He is a most amusing dealer. If you ever get a chance to buy from him in person do so. It is a really funny and rewarding experience.

Word. Ted is a wonderful guy, and he is so easy to deal with. Yes, there's a bit of give in his grading - though to his credit it has gotten tighter. I have bought many books from him over the years, with a couple of 'uh-oh' moments in there. But many of my purchases from him came in on the mark.

Shep

Ted is a good guy for sure. I have dropped about 2k with him in the last year. Most books are close and I am happy. His prices are always within reason also.

The one book that was far off, Ted sorted for me many months after the fact. I will continue to do business with Ted.

Hope that helps.

Ted is a super guy. I try to visit his place a few times a year as he is about a 30 minute drive.

If you guys ever need something when I go there I would gladly check the books out for you (if you trust my grading) when I am there.

He is def a nice guy in all, but I really stay away because his grading to me is very off!! (shrug)

Especially when it come to not knowing of restored comics in his inventory that he is selling them thinking they are unrestored!

Ted is a super guy. I try to visit his place a few times a year as he is about a 30 minute drive.

If you guys ever need something when I go there I would gladly check the books out for you (if you trust my grading) when I am there.

I'd love to take you up on that. If you think of it give me a heads up b4 your next trip.

i've bought from ted before, and the outcome was excellent, but it was also cheaper books. i bought detective comics 411 last night. it's listed as a NM-. i would've asked for a scan, but thought someone might buy it before i get a scan, and HG copies of 411 are so hard to find, esp for less than $80.

also, how is his packaging. i forget how my last purchase came.

So you're the one who beat me to it. :sumo: At least it wasn't a 9.0 copy of #395, I guess.

Ted's grading is fairly decent, with some being higher and some being lower. I spent way too much money on early SA DCs and HG BA books with him last year that have been grading out bang on or close enough to make the purchase worthwhile! In addition, he is great with returns for a refund/credit as several have already stated. He is one of the best dealers to chat with as well.

I would recommend buying from him, as long as you stay away from his HG Adams Batmans and Tecs!