• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,931 posts in this topic

Hoping to start a relatively large sales thread in both the G/S/B and the Copper/Modern forums on Sunday afternoon/evening. :banana:

About 500 books total, give or take. Plenty of keys -- some higher grade, others lower to mid-grade. Featuring Batman #227, #232, #234, #251, two copies of ASM #194, Hero for Hire #1, Strange Tales #126, NM #98, ASM #300, Defenders #1, and a whole lot more. They'll be a ton of ASM issues, a decent bit of Cap and Batman, and some other goodies. Stop in to say hello! :hi:

Planning on kicking this puppy off around 3 PM CST -- Hope to see everyone there! :banana:

Hoping to start a relatively large sales thread in both the G/S/B and the Copper/Modern forums on Sunday afternoon/evening. :banana:

About 500 books total, give or take. Plenty of keys -- some higher grade, others lower to mid-grade. Featuring Batman #227, #232, #234, #251, two copies of ASM #194, Hero for Hire #1, Strange Tales #126, NM #98, ASM #300, Defenders #1, and a whole lot more. They'll be a ton of ASM issues, a decent bit of Cap and Batman, and some other goodies. Stop in to say hello! :hi:

Planning on kicking this puppy off around 3 PM CST -- Hope to see everyone there! :banana:

:popcorn:

I'm getting ready for a massive sell-off of my collection.

Do you think there would be any interest in a near complete run of WWBN that includes MS 2, 3, & 4 in addition to issues 1, 15, 32, 33, and 37? I'd like to sell it as a group lot instead of parting out the key issues. The key issues are all in the 7.0/7.5 range except for 37 which is around Fine condition.

My price would be very reasonable (IMHO).

Just wondering if anyone thinks it could actually sell as a lot instead of just selling the individual keys?

I'm in the process of scanning the books now.

I will have these books back later today and will offer for sale in the gold/silver/bronze thread once I scan them.

Spidey 103 9.0 ow $75

Spidey 104 9.0 c/ow $60

Spidey 105 9.2 ow $70

Spidey 107 9.2 ow $65

Spidey 120 9.4 ow/w $160

Spidey 124 7.5 ow/w $30

Spidey 128 9.4 white $80

Captain Marvel 18 9.2 ow/w $250

Daredevil 45 9.0 ow/w $45

Daredevil 58 9.2 ow/w $35

Hulk 131 9.2 white $60

Hulk 147 8.5 ow/w $25

Hulk 159 8.0 c/ow $25

Hulk 160 9.4 ow/w $60

Hulk 161 9.4 white $100

New Mutants 98 8.5 white $260

I have been running a magazine and oddball item sale in mixed ages sale forum and have adjusted prices on a few items on page two (pages one and two are already buy one get one so it is a bit of a sweet deal now for some of those items) and on just about all of the items on pages 3, 4, 5, and 6.

(It has been so much fun, but tiring. I packed a box today for the third time, once due to adding an item and then once more to switch out some copies so that I didn't embarrass myself and send out less than the best I could. I was annoyed at myself for being careless but the buyer was nice so I didn't mind opening it up again. I read jonjesper's sales thread today for the Back To The Future variant he is selling and he made a great comment "if I wouldn't want to buy it why would I want to sell it", or something very similar. Putting it out there clearly helped me as a new seller and made me glad I had already agreed to check my merch for this other boardie. I haven't had any issues really yet as a seller and the people here have been excellent role models in how to make that happen.)

Planning to unload a huge set of Gen 13's all 9.8 SS JSC. Downsizing to just blue labels.

Also will be getting these in about a weeks time. Hit me up with offers

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5, CGC 5.0 Slight color touchup

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #300, CGC 9.8

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #361, CGC 9.8

AVENGERS ANNUAL #10, CGC 9.6

X-MEN #60, CGC 7.0 FVF slight color touchup

FANTASTIC FOUR #36, CGC 4.5

FANTASTIC FOUR #36, CGC 5.0

X-MEN #201, CGC 9.8 NM/MT

SLEEPWALKER #1, CGC 9.6

I will run a small sales thread in Mixed later tonight. Needing some spending cash at the Wizard World convention next week.

Will include some Gwen variants and a Dr. Strange #1. Mostly all moderns with a hint of Daredevil and X-Men bronze.

I'll get this started at about 10pm central time tonight. I will be including some Netflix keys including first Luke Cage and first Hellcat.

I'm hoping to make this a 48 hour sales thread so please try to make payments within 24 hours so I have cash on hand by next Friday.

Thanks!

Firing up a couple of small threads with some recent CGC arrivals including

Batman 423 CGC 9.6

Booster Gold #1 CGC 9.8

Daredevil #131 CGC 8.0

DC Comics Presents #26 CGC 9.8

Defenders #28 CGC 9.6

Guardians of the Galaxy (1990) #1 CGC 9.8

Marvel Spotlight #32 CGC 8.5

Nova #1 CGC 9.0

Rom #1 CGC 9.8

Savage She-Hulk #1 CGC 9.8

Sock Monkey #1 CGC 9.8

Sock Monkey #2 CGC 9.6

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 CGC 9.8

Strange Tales #178 CGC 9.6

X-Factor #15 CGC 9.8

X-Force #19 CGC 9.8

Should be starting around 1pm EST today!

I dropped prices again on many remaining items in my mixed sales thread. This weekend I added some sports illustrated swimsuit issues, miami dolphins game day pro 1981 season programs, Classics Illustrated, Classics Illustrated Specials, CIassics Illustrated The World Around Us, a bunch of old Golden Age comics in horrible condition for $1 or not much more, a near full run of The Maxx, a rare Blade Runner promotional magazine, and smoe movie/television related comics and magazines. Next up are a random selection of comics in mid-grade and some trade paperbacks and collections.

The stuff on the earliest pages will probably go to ebay in lot form this week if not sold here on the boards. And I will have completely different stuff, and a large amount of it, for the next VCC on 11/14 and 11/15 or whatever it is.

I plan to sell my Thor collection this week. I'm starting tonight at about 8pm with my JIM books and hopefully will continue tomorrow with the Might Thors.

The JIMs are for the most part low grade. Many of the Thors are mid grade books from an OO collection. There is one slabbed book, the rest are raw.

I have about 60 80 books total.

Hope to see you later.

Edited by skypinkblu

Over the next few months (now through Feb?), I'm going to be having 'themed' sales every few weeks, usually in modern, but sometimes in mixed or G/S/B.

This week, the sale will start on Thursday 10/29/15.

The theme will be IMAGE books, and it will consist of a lot of Walking Dead, as well as some low print late-ish Spawn, early Invincible, some Saga rare reprints, some Rat Queens, and multiples of Wicked + Divine and Southern Bastards, and some other goodies. Most will be raw, but some of the TWD will be slabbed, including an SS or two.

The NEXT theme, which will be in a few weeks in the Mixed area, will be STAR WARS.

Other themes that will follow in some order will be "Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Power Man, Swamp Thing, X-Books, Random lots of Junk, Everything is $4, and TMNT."

But please stop by copper/modern this Thursday to pick up some IMAGE COMICS. Let me fill your modern holes.

I am closing my mixed age sales thread on thursday morning. It has been a blast and despite not selling EVERY item I am happy with the results. This was stuff from my first collection buy; now onto the actual comics once I finish off selling these magazines.

But until I close the thread Thursday morning I am offering 33% off all listed prices. Let's indeed sell EVERY last item! I had a deal previously...every $25 spent got $5 credit but that cannot be used with these discounted prices. I will PM open invoices tonight and let those buyers know where they stand credit-wise.

But there are still awesome Eerie, MAD, 1984 magazines and others all available for sale. Go get 'em. Just look at the top of the MIXED threads for THE MATAWAN COLLECTION or for BIRD as the thread starter.

Thanks'all, and take care!

Over the next few months (now through Feb?), I'm going to be having 'themed' sales every few weeks, usually in modern, but sometimes in mixed or G/S/B.

This week, the sale will start on Thursday 10/29/15.

The theme will be IMAGE books, and it will consist of a lot of Walking Dead, as well as some low print late-ish Spawn, early Invincible, some Saga rare reprints, some Rat Queens, and multiples of Wicked + Divine and Southern Bastards, and some other goodies. Most will be raw, but some of the TWD will be slabbed, including an SS or two.

The NEXT theme, which will be in a few weeks in the Mixed area, will be STAR WARS.

Other themes that will follow in some order will be "Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Power Man, Swamp Thing, X-Books, Random lots of Junk, Everything is $4, and TMNT."

But please stop by copper/modern this Thursday to pick up some IMAGE COMICS. Let me fill your modern holes.

Ok this'll be starting up in an hour or less

BATTER UP

raw baseball photocovers - affordable

Eddie Stanky

Ralph Kiner

The Thrilling True Story of the Baseball Yankees

The Pride of the Yankees

Baseball Heroes

Jackie Robinson 1-5

The Amazing Willie Mays

and...Joe Louis 2

Sunday 8PM EST - forgot it's halloween tonite!

Edited by Dr. Love