• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,921 posts in this topic

Putting up some Secret Invasion #1 9.8 in my sales thread tonight, including a couple of variants, and a UXM 342 Rogue Variant 9.8

Edited by BeachBum

Working on motivation for an all DC comics Silver Age and Bronze Age sale. All books are from my collection, mostly mid grades, a few HG and Low grade. I think there are 4 titles I pulled so far, all books will most likely be in lots. HG books will be at guide or 20% off. Others will be at 40-60% off guide.

I'm trying to raise some money to purchase a mini grail of mine.I am going to try and list some stuff in one hour. I am having problems with my computer uploading photos so I may have to go to a local cafe to do this. Just a sampling of what I am putting up for sale: The Boys set 1-19, two New England Comics Newsletters with the first appearances of The Tick, a few Jungle comics. My scanner isn't working either, so I have photos. Ugh.

Over the next few days, I will be posting some of my WW Chicago raw finds and newly received slabs, along with a full compliment of last issue Valiants and a few HTF Acclaim issues. Also, a SWEET Predator vs. Magnus Robot Fighter TPB I recently purchased :banana:

Over the next few days, I will be posting some of my WW Chicago raw finds and newly received slabs, along with a full compliment of last issue Valiants and a few HTF Acclaim issues. Also, a SWEET Predator vs. Magnus Robot Fighter TPB I recently purchased :banana:

:popcorn:

will be posting comics from all eras and genres to fit all price ranges. (today and tomorrow)

batman (modern) #608 and 612

cap america con sketch

Emily the strange vol. 2 (modern) #1 (death issue)

emo boy (modern) #8,9,10

daredevil comics (Golden) #134

devil dinosaur (Bronze) #1

dork #11 (modern)

ghost rider (modern) #1

invincible tbp #1 (Modern)

INCREDIBLE HULK #181 (bronze)

lenore (Modern) #1 1st print and tpb #2.

simpsons (Modern) #1

super comics (Golden) #100

ultimate x-men (Modern) #1 and #5

umbrella academy (Modern) fcbd,1-6 set

uncanny x-men (BA/MA) 137,157,168,292

Edited by gilbertotorres

plus teh GA i had listed before....

startling comics #49- (4.0)

western picture stories #1- (5.0 slight restoration deslabbed)

Blue ribbon #2- (7.0 deslabbed)

Adventure comics #43- (4.5)

batman #23- (2.5)

four color #7, 1st series- (1.5)

Will be starting a "Everything's $5" thread in the next couple of days. Mostly copper stuff.

A handful of bronze Marvel horror

Thor (mostly Simonson)

Fantastic Four (nearly all Byrne)

Daredevil (later Miller issues)

Iron Man (low to mid 100s)

Captain America (mostly 247-255)

Batman Hush issues (maybe a 608 in there)

And some more misc Marvel & DC copper...

A nod to nochips who ran a thread like this several months ago.

I'm going to be listing a bunch of lower grade Bronze Age comics during the rest of this week starting tomorrow morning. All comics will be fifty cents to $1. No high grade collections here, just some great reading for you from Marvel and a few DC's.

:news:

:banana:[font:Impact]I finally landed a significant Original Owner Silver-Bronze Marvel Collection [/font] :banana: (mostly Midgrade)

Usually my "Charliebrownesque" luck leads me to Mid-Bronze Era material at best and more often worse.

I have not yet been through it (again) in detailed fashion for a tighter assessment but here's what I do know at this point...

The Unfortunate news (for me)... is the owner was raided by an unnamed Canadian Dealer in 1990 who flew down and bought his AF 15, both ASM 1's. Hulk 2-6 (he sold the #1 earlier), ASM 2-200 :mad: , FF 1-30, 48-50, X-Men 1-30, IM 1-30ish and some others I can't remember. Further, he was not a DD fan (until Miller) so the collection is devoid of that SA/BA run. Also, missing Fav's like Silver Surfer, Hero for Hire, Ghost Rider, Marvel Spotlight and horror titles (shrug) . Lastly, he also let other "comic friends" buy his Hulk 181 :pullhair: most of the New X-Men :cry::mad: and some other obvious keys. He even sold all his "Thanos" related keys to some teenager with a VF tattoo visiting form Canada he said... so, no IM 55, CM Thanos' or Warlock Thanos... very odd.

The Fortunate news... aside from the above disappointments is the rest of the runs are there for the most part so even the scraps of this collection are far better than anything else I've ever found. Other positives off the top of my head...

• Although "most" of the New X-men are missing, there is a decent run prior >including< every reprint issue which are sorta' "in demand" these days.

• Strong, deep runs of: Avengers, Conan, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Hulk and Thor.

• Some surprise Earlier (lowgrade) JIMs, Strange Tales, TOS, etc.

• Much of the "Secondary Titles" are there in their entirety... from Black Goliath, Champions, Eternals, Iron Fist, "Marvel" Titles, Nova, 2001, etc.

• Also cool... (20) ASM 252s, (5) SW 8 and some other decent dupes.

It was so fun going through it and soon I get to start processing it and searching for the CGCable gems.

I also want to publicly give props and thanks to good friend and "Hobby Do-Gooder" Brian Ketterer for coming down to help me assess the Silver Age in particular on very little sleep. He zipped through the entire collection in 1/3rd the time I did (although I couldn't control my need to gaze and gawk) and over lunch informed me what the "market" was on the SA... and his overall opinion. It was extremely helpful to have solid information to begin negotiations with. Without his help, I would have been "winging" it through the SA valuation and I'm not even sure I would have presented an offer yet. I'd likely be doing research right now instead of typing this. (worship)

Hopefully within 1-2 weeks I will be ready to start listing the material here exclusively. Those that bought off me in the past, and in my recent CGC sales thread will be given some sort of pre-listing opportunity. Probably, a first shot on a very short list of possible wants. I'll LYK when I figure it all out.

Hope that wasn't too long for a "Sales Announcement Thread"

:banana:[font:Impact]I finally landed a significant Original Owner Silver-Bronze Marvel Collection [/font] :banana: (mostly Midgrade)

Usually my "Charliebrownesque" luck leads me to Mid-Bronze Era material at best and more often worse.

I have not yet been through it (again) in detailed fashion for a tighter assessment but here's what I do know at this point...

The Unfortunate news (for me)... is the owner was raided by an unnamed Canadian Dealer in 1990 who flew down and bought his AF 15, both ASM 1's. Hulk 2-6 (he sold the #1 earlier), ASM 2-200 :mad: , FF 1-30, 48-50, X-Men 1-30, IM 1-30ish and some others I can't remember. Further, he was not a DD fan (until Miller) so the collection is devoid of that SA/BA run. Also, missing Fav's like Silver Surfer, Hero for Hire, Ghost Rider, Marvel Spotlight and horror titles (shrug) . Lastly, he also let other "comic friends" buy his Hulk 181 :pullhair: most of the New X-Men :cry::mad: and some other obvious keys. He even sold all his "Thanos" related keys to some teenager with a VF tattoo visiting form Canada he said... so, no IM 55, CM Thanos' or Warlock Thanos... very odd.

The Fortunate news... aside from the above disappointments is the rest of the runs are there for the most part so even the scraps of this collection are far better than anything else I've ever found. Other positives off the top of my head...

• Although the most of the New X-men are missing, there is a decent run prior >including< every reprint issue which are sorta' "in demand" these days.

• Strong, deep runs of: Avengers, Conan, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Hulk and Thor.

• Much of the "Secondary Titles" are there in their entirety... from Black Goliath, Champions, Eternals, Iron Fist, "Marvel" Titles, Nova, 2001, etc.

It was so fun going through it and soon I get to start processing it and searching for the CGCable gems.

I also want to publicly give props and thanks to good friend and "Hobby Do-Gooder" Brian Ketterer for coming down to help me assess the Silver Age in particular on very little sleep. He zipped through the entire collection in 1/3rd the time I did (although I couldn't control my need to gaze and gawk) and over lunch informed me what the "market" was on the SA... and his overall opinion. It was extremely helpful to have solid information to begin negotiations with. Without his help, I would have been "winging" it through the SA valuation and I'm not even sure I would have presented an offer yet. I'd likely be doing research right now instead of typing this. (worship)

Hopefully within 1-2 weeks I will be ready to start listing the material here exclusively. Those that bought off me in the past, and in my recent CGC sales thread will be given some sort of pre-listing opportunity. Probably, a first shot on a very short list of possible wants. I'll LYK when I figure it all out.

That was an exciting post! ^^

Tough luck on the big goodies not being there, but that's a non-issue now.

Collections like this one are a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself and hopefully make some money! (thumbs u

Andy

• Although the most of the New X-men are missing, there is a decent run prior >including< every reprint issue which are sorta' "in demand" these days.

Congrats! That must be a really great feeling to have all those new books to gawk at. Well done and I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps snagging a few.

:popcorn:

To you low-grade is probably Fine-VF.

lol

I wish... these are pretty beat. Some have as many as 3 small spine stresses and 1-2 blunted corners. :insane: JK... pretty sure these are "truly" lowgrade.

In fact some of the Strange Tales are "burned" at the top or bottom. He had a small fire at one point and of course the stupid DC's in the collection couldn't have stepped in the way.

I wish... these are pretty beat. Some have as many as 3 small spine stresses and 1-2 blunted corners. :insane: JK... pretty sure these are "truly" lowgrade.

In fact some of the Strange Tales are "burned" at the top or bottom. He had a small fire at one point and of course the stupid DC's in the collection couldn't have stepped in the way.

Dang inconsiderate DCs....