• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Sticking with Swamp Thing... towards the end of the run of the original series (#23, the final Nestor Redondo issue), Swamp Thing reverts back to Dr. Alec Holland.

In what comic does he change again to the Swamp Thing (for good, this time)?

May be a trick question, but would it be when Alan Moore took the series over in 20 but really started his take on the character as a creature versus a prior human being in issue 21?

Also, very interesting entry under wiki concerning this question:

========================

In issue #6, editor Len Wein declared, in response to a published letter, that Alec never had a brother and that every Swamp Thing series story after issue #21 of the original series never happened. The letter, however, questioned why Swamp Thing had reverted, which had already been explained in the Challengers of the Unknown run. A later column pointed this out, so they said they would not deliberately contradict it, even though they would still go from the assumption that it never happened.

========================

#83?

^^

And yes, it would be very hard to square the later Swamp Thing issues with Alan Moore's retcon that the original accident destroyed Alec Holland, replacing him with a plant elemental who was only channelling his memories. Oh well...

Hey, at least we talked about one of my favorite characters. Kind of weird to have a "Dallas" TV show moment that all stories you read before - they never happened.

But with that answer, it should be a double-winner thanks to Mr. Wein.

:gossip: I'm just sayin :gossip:

Just an idea for a thread that I'm stealing from someplace else I saw it.

Someone asks an interesting question about comics trivia / information. Whoever answers it first gets a point and must post their own question.

:gossip: I'm just sayin :gossip:

Just an idea for a thread that I'm stealing from someplace else I saw it.

Someone asks an interesting question about comics trivia / information. Whoever answers it first gets a point and must post their own question.

Oops! Sorry, didn't realize! stupid newb....

Give me a few to butcher a comics cover. Be back soon!