• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
24 24

9,306 posts in this topic

I believe it was factory trimmed.  Just looked at multiple listings on HA and all appear to be trimmed without it being noted, and I can't find any with an overhang.    

Looking on ebay, I see MCS listing a few as trimmed, but they also have a fine copy without the notation and to my eyes no overhang.  Skimming through multiple listings I don't see an overhang, even on a cgc 7.0 copy.

Edited by waaaghboss

On 7/17/2024 at 8:40 PM, Point Five said:

I went to a New Jersey comic show last Sunday which had a couple of pulp vendors. (It was actually my first in-person show in 5 years; so nice to be back.) What a pleasant unexpected surprise to meet for the first time our own @AnkurJ, who sold me the lovely book below. Man, I thought *I* was enthusiastic about pulps but Ankur makes me look like I'm falling asleep. Great guy to talk shop with! Thanks again Ankur, a real pleasure!

detectivebookmagwinter1949.thumb.jpg.e85195cad7b5d93a49df1128d766bf7d.jpg

Ankur is the man. He turns up some pretty sweet coins too, what they used to call a "vest pocket" dealer. GOD BLESS .... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

On 7/17/2024 at 8:40 PM, Point Five said:

I went to a New Jersey comic show last Sunday which had a couple of pulp vendors. (It was actually my first in-person show in 5 years; so nice to be back.) What a pleasant unexpected surprise to meet for the first time our own @AnkurJ, who sold me the lovely book below. Man, I thought *I* was enthusiastic about pulps but Ankur makes me look like I'm falling asleep. Great guy to talk shop with! Thanks again Ankur, a real pleasure!

Was great to meet you too! I get enthusiastic about many things when awesome like minded individuals are present! :) 

On 7/17/2024 at 5:40 PM, Point Five said:

Great find!!!!  This is an AMAZING cover!!!!  Nice Job!!!!  Looks like the pulp is in a higher grade too!

On 7/21/2024 at 1:14 AM, dickymoe74 said:

Great find!!!!  This is an AMAZING cover!!!!  Nice Job!!!!  Looks like the pulp is in a higher grade too!

Thanks! It's got some resto touchups on cover and spine. But tough book and a pretty one for sure.  (thumbsu