• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

My friend will probably sell off his undercopies.

BTW: The WT, Doc's, Amazings, Adventures, etc. did not hit reserve, and on the website they are no longer showing what the high bid was, it is just blank.

I have seen the WT and all of Frank's pulps a number of times, in which Frank always took them out of the Mylite 2's and showed them off.

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned before, but in August 2012, Vanguard Publishing will be releasing The Alluring Art of Margaret Brundage.

Very excited to finally have a book devoted to this exceptionally talented artist!

Amazon is currently taking pre-orders on the harcover $39.95 retail ($26.37 through Amazon), fyi.

Nuts, looks like most of the individual copies in the Richardson auction I was eyeing up were sold as lots... Gernsback Amazings, Wonder Stories, Science Wonders, and some Tales of Wonder. I thought many of these hadn't sold at auction's end, but maybe they were post-auction sales.

Oh well, I did manage to win the Richardson set of FANTASY's, a high grade three issue set of British sci fi pulps from the 1930's. I love all the covers, but bought the set mainly for this one:

1139B.jpg

Pretty happy to own a piece of this incredible collection for what I would consider a close to bargain price.

Nuts, looks like most of the individual copies in the Richardson auction I was eyeing up were sold as lots... Gernsback Amazings, Wonder Stories, Science Wonders, and some Tales of Wonder. I thought many of these hadn't sold at auction's end, but maybe they were post-auction sales.

Oh well, I did manage to win the Richardson set of FANTASY's, a high grade three issue set of British sci fi pulps from the 1930's. I love all the covers, but bought the set mainly for this one:

1139B.jpg

Pretty happy to own a piece of this incredible collection for what I would consider a close to bargain price.

Great cover, Ryan! :applause:

1139B.jpg

Great cover.

Congratulations, Ryan. :applause:

I think you're the first person on the boards to announce they'd won anything in the Robinson auction.

Weird Tales are officially gone, as well as a good chunk of the pulps offered.

The battle for the "leftovers" begins...

:(

So, is it really a healthy market if one major bidder is responsible for the majority of the lots won and prices realized?

Edited by MisterX

Sure, but you had to have deep pockets to bid on those. But sure, impossible to compare to the comic collecting fandom. The pulps aficionados number in the hundreds max. Which is why prices are comparatively low. It's apparently a thriving niche market.

REALLY wanted one or two of those STRANGE TALES pulps, but they got swallowed up too. I'm blown away that one person bought so many lots. I guess that really does reflect the size of the pulp market.

Of the 30-something individual pulps I was watching, only about five are still available. :(

I wish Adventure House had offered a DVD for sale that had full size scans of all the pulps that were being auctioned.

Oh, that would be cool. Did you get the color book at least?

I did, but think of how much better it would have been to see full size scans of all those pulps. :luhv:

I don't know why John didn't go that route instead of trying to sell a $65 catalog. I assume the cost of burning the DVDs would have been significantly less than publishing a 526 page book and I think it would have encouraged collectors to make higher bids if they could see large scans that showed off how gorgeous everything, apparently, is.