• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,116 posts in this topic

Feg Murray was born in San Francisco. He was a sport cartoonist and columnist for the Los Angeles Times and did a feature called 'True Stories about Stamps' in True Comics around 1943. He is best known for his cartoon strip, 'Seein' Stars', in which he showcased several Hollywood celebrities of the time, in the style of Robert L. Ripley. 'Seein' Stars' appeared in hundreds of newspapers between 1941 and 1953. In addition, he was a radio host, among others on 'The Baker's Broadcast'.

murray_feg_seeinstars.jpg

The three latest additions to the REH pulp collection.

In seven years of collecting REH pulps, I had never seen any of these listed, so the three of them in superb condition, nice paper and all, in one fell swoop... I took the plunge immediately.

SportStroyMagazine-1931-09-25.jpg

SportStroyMagazine-1931-10-25.jpg

SportStroyMagazine-1931-12-25.jpg

those are very nice pulps!

i hope you guys don't mind seeing a picture of a baltimore maryland stand on calvert & fayette street from sept 1923.

17039117-fd3.jpg

there's the first issue of sport story magazine among other pulps.

this cover is not as dynamic as your covers.

17039116-dbd.jpg

Feg Murray was born in San Francisco. He was a sport cartoonist and columnist for the Los Angeles Times and did a feature called 'True Stories about Stamps' in True Comics around 1943. He is best known for his cartoon strip, 'Seein' Stars', in which he showcased several Hollywood celebrities of the time, in the style of Robert L. Ripley. 'Seein' Stars' appeared in hundreds of newspapers between 1941 and 1953. In addition, he was a radio host, among others on 'The Baker's Broadcast'.

Thanks! Didn't know that. I'll look him up. The signature is indeed something.

Thanks! Didn't know that. I'll look him up. The signature is indeed something.

His working on Sport Story is appropriate as apparently he was an Olympic track and field athlete when he was young.

Neatstuff is currently auctioning a HUGE lot of Pulps on Ebay, including approximate 1700 individual issues, bound copies and bedsheets. So many gorgeous covers. I must admit I'm tempted by these as I'd like to keep some and sell the rest. Just don't have the funds at present sadly. :tonofbricks:

This is a great week to celebrate Sword and Planet fiction. First up we have Planet of Peril by OAK, with a bonus REH boxing story (I bet you guys no idea REH wrote so much pugilistica).

It's low grade, but it has nice paper and it's signed by Frank Miller. :whistle:

Argosy1929-07-20.jpg

Argosy1929-07-20_int01.jpg

Argosy1929-07-20_int02.jpg

I this is one I've been trying to nail down for a while. I thought I won the Jerry Weist copy last fall, but my bid didn't go through. This one may be nicer and I suppose the movie brought it out of the woodwork.

ArgosyAll-Story1922-02-18.jpg

ArgosyAll-Story1922-02-18_int.jpg

I this is one I've been trying to nail down for a while. I thought I won the Jerry Weist copy last fall, but my bid didn't go through. This one may be nicer and I suppose the movie brought it out of the woodwork.

ArgosyAll-Story1922-02-18_int.jpg

:o(worship)