• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

Very nice (she prowled the hobo jungle) i like it ,and somebody else went Yakima shopping.Those are some great pickups (thumbs u

Two more Yakimas, (the third Fantastic I got has a problem, with 32 pgs missing, (and 32 others duplicated), so I am sendig it back). Sigh...

Here are Bloch, Finlay, St John, etc. and killer copies.

FantasticAdventures-1944-02.jpg

FantasticAdventures-1948-11.jpg

I just picked up this Yakima for my Allen St John collection in the recent ComicLink auction. I searched this site, visited the Fantasy Illustrated site, and googled Yakima, but didn't find any info. If anyone has a link please post it for me.

Thanks, Mike

FantasticAdventures_zpsacb744ba.jpg

Two more Yakimas, (the third Fantastic I got has a problem, with 32 pgs missing, (and 32 others duplicated), so I am sendig it back). Sigh...

Here are Bloch, Finlay, St John, etc. and killer copies.

FantasticAdventures-1944-02.jpg

She gets extra points for the cool hat which is better than Johnnie Depp in the Lone Ranger.

and the story is by Wally West, another Gardner Fox buddy or the editors friend that was honored as Kid Flash.

So this thread has been dead for a minute. Thought I'd revive it with some pics and a plea. Here are my top 13 pickups for the last 30 days in reverse order. If you want to hold on to the edge of your seats, the very last picture will be something special.

147390.jpg.c86161a6786798b2de95b7c6b275ac34.jpg

147391.jpg.941a9f61a130c5ec3c16ab8bd0b73507.jpg

147392.jpg.0fcf18b960a6bb34611f3540c2983288.jpg

147393.jpg.f458417f9ad7f4137282fd7f95c9517c.jpg

147394.jpg.7b39e0875ff8c3a69641cb92c2e2deb4.jpg

This one for sure I thought would be my number one pick up. Yes, I was the insufficiently_thoughtful_person who paid 1250 for the thing. But viewing it in person, it's in fine. And I have a thing for the ladies. And a story with an Ape? Come on. I need a life, but until then, here you go!

147401.jpg.282d4dad0b61766c9e8f16eaa7e93172.jpg

And what will take the number one spot? Something rare. Something pretty. And sadly, something I'd go to insane lengths to get. Traded a book out of my ebay store for it. And thank you my new favorite pulp.

Shut up and show me the pic already.

Psht. You can wait like everybody else. I'm building up to it.

A picture I'm sure Phil will steal for his website about 3 seconds after I post it.

This is issue number 3 folks.

Lion's and TIGERS and bears, Oh my!

147402.jpg.85610716ffe17ec1ca2b0a4c29f037ac.jpg

Ha ha. All the Indiana Jones characters from the beginning of the first movie are about to get eaten.

And now the plea.

I'm addicted to pulps. But my "Grail" would be a complete set of Wild Game Stories. See all the pulps above? Except for the gun molls and the wild game (which would be counterproductive, don't you think?) I'd trade any of them for another issue of Wild Game Stories.

Do you have one for sale? I'll take it.

Do you know someone who has an issue? Introduce me to them so I can make things happen.

Do you have one but don't really want to give it up? I'll trade for it. Just about anything you can think of. To a HUGE disadvantage on my part. There must be something I have that you'd want more.

So any of you who have a lead. Do a dork a favor and put me on the trail of another issue or two.

Much obliged mi amigos. - M

Is this one of the infamous Harry Donenfeld magazines...?

So this thread has been dead for a minute. Thought I'd revive it with some pics and a plea. Here are my top 13 pickups for the last 30 days in reverse order. If you want to hold on to the edge of your seats, the very last picture will be something special.

147394.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

I like the variety of titles you've picked up. :applause:

Here's a look at my copy of the first Lone Ranger.

loneranger193704.jpg

April 1937