• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,137 posts in this topic

wowsers - good work Todd - 10/26 a beaut. possible to see full size?

thanks - cheers -congrats- Pat

Thanks, Pat. It's been a labor of love and frustration. But mostly love.

Here's a bigger 10/26 for you.

5DWvOnz.jpg

I love this new book, it's so pretty...and so thick. I've never owned an All-Story from this era before (1914), and I didn't realize how many pages they had.

First installment of "The Beasts of Tarzan", the third Tarzan story.

All-Story%252520Cavalier%252520Weekly%252520Vol%25252032%252520No%2525201%252520May%25252016%2525201914.jpg

Great find!!!

"Commissioner Gordon"... hm

Cool pickups!

Yeah!

From wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gordon_(comics)

"Gordon's name was taken from the earlier pulp character Commissioner James W. "Wildcat" Gordon, also known as "The Whisperer", created in 1936 by Henry Ralston, John Nanovic, and Lawrence Donovan."

My first- and probably close to last- western pulps. Grabbed these because they each have a story by John D. MacDonald, 2 of the only 3 westerns he did:

Fifteen_Western_Tales_49_11_zpsa0vecnw8.jpg

Dime_Western_49_12_zpsbkh2mk0y.jpg

I find the 15c price on Dime Western hilarious. That's the problem when you outlast your projected end date, I guess. (See also: 2000 AD)

I am curious about pulp cons. It seems the most notable are in Chicago and Columbus, is that right? Which is bigger, what sort of stuff do they have, how many dealers, etc? Also so many of the best comics are found online (auctions), I am wondering if the best pulps are found more at these cons or what. Thanks in advance for any input!