• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

I have bigger pics of all of them Xalt. But this website forces me to reformat them all to 200,000 pixels or less. If there are any of the 25 pics I put up that you especially want a much higher def pic of, let me know which one(s) and pm your private email and I'll send them right to you.

Great sets and singles!

Dr Yen Sin 2 holds a special place in my collecting heart, found out in the wild while anitiquing and opened the door to the wonderful world of pulps.

15. These are 7 issues from two different girls titles (Snappy detectives, and Snappy Romances). Both went for only a handful of issues, and had several name changes each. These are bedsheet sized and staplebound. Also among the rarest of all girly pulps. All in high grade again.

160903_zpsxfaxunll.jpg

Hey Matthew, this group here really speaks to me. I've been searching around for a SIZZLING ROMANCES and SNAPPY ROMANCES, but to no avail. But every one of those seven covers is fantastic. PM me if you have any dupes.

Just realized I won the HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS and PAREE from you. Good to know you are on the boards. Super happy with both! Great auctions!!

I had duplicates of two of them Ryan. They actually sold at the same auction those other things you bought ended in. I cant really let any of the ones pictured above go unless it's in trade for something I really want. I have a long list, but they are pretty much all very rare pulps that are on it. Suicide stories 1. Issues of wild game stories. Artist and models 2. Stuff like that.

15. These are 7 issues from two different girls titles (Snappy detectives, and Snappy Romances). Both went for only a handful of issues, and had several name changes each. These are bedsheet sized and staplebound. Also among the rarest of all girly pulps. All in high grade again.

160903_zpsxfaxunll.jpg

Hey Matthew, this group here really speaks to me. I've been searching around for a SIZZLING ROMANCES and SNAPPY ROMANCES, but to no avail. But every one of those seven covers is fantastic. PM me if you have any dupes.

Just realized I won the HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS and PAREE from you. Good to know you are on the boards. Super happy with both! Great auctions!!

Hi Matthew, I remember the SIZZLING TEC MYSTERIES (middle, bottom row) in the auction, and I passed on it in order to go after the Hollywood Nights. No regrets there. Which was the other duplicate?

maybe snappy tec 1 and snappy romances 1 as well. I had something like 500 1925-1955 girls pulps and slicks all go up for sale at 10 a day for over a month. not exactly sure which ones of these in particular.

I remember one of the ones was the actual copy that was pictured in bookery's in the center though. White cover with a star on it.

1 & 2. Todd keeps teasing you with the issues of Oriental and Magic one by one. Here is group shots of both the sets. Technically one series, (there was a name change after the first 9 issues) the books are actually the second sister publication to Weird Tales (the first being Detective Tales/Real Detective Tales). All issues have Brundage covers, and most have Robert E Howard stories. This set has all 14 issues in fine or very fine. This is one of only a few complete sets that exist.

Spectacular!

Now that I've completed my sets of both Magic Carpet and Oriental Stories (thanks to Matthew) maybe I'll post some group shots too. :)

maybe snappy tec 1 and snappy romances 1 as well. I had something like 500 1925-1955 girls pulps and slicks all go up for sale at 10 a day for over a month. not exactly sure which ones of these in particular.

I remember one of the ones was the actual copy that was pictured in bookery's in the center though. White cover with a star on it.

Thanks. I was watching your auctions pretty carefully... great stuff, I needed to restrain myself!

11, 12, & 13. Danger Trails was an early action fiction sort of pulp. It ran for 50+ issues starting in the 1920's having two name changes (Adventure Trails and Wide World Adventures) before it folded. It never did too well in it's entire publication run. Usually one copy of one of the issues pops up for sale every one year or so. The majority of these books have only a handful of copies still existent. The grades on these vary from good to fine, but with something this rare you have to make concessions. This is almost sure to be the largest collection of this title in the world.

14. Stage and screen stories is a very rare girly pulp. It's believed to have gone for either 5, 6, 7, or 8 issues, but bibliographers still haven't been able to figure it out. Here is 4 of the 5 issues that are absolutely sure to be known to exist (possibly issues 2, 4, 5, and 6) . The bathtub lady issue is by far the most common (if rare can ever be common), and the most sought after.

how were all those booby covers even legal in the 30s?