• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,116 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2016 at 4:31 PM, RedFury said:

Couple of classic mischievous monkey covers by Walter Baumhofer on these two issues of Adventure. :banana:

Adventure, March 1 1935 and August 15 1935

157Ugjmh.jpgmHou4bVh.jpg

I finally found a nice copy of the third issue of Baumhofer's famous monkey and sailor covers, completing this oddball set!  

c4FIf0Uh.jpg

WvdfMN2.jpg

I've yet to see one in person, but how would you pulp guys rate the Girasol replica editions for the early Weird Tales?

Are they exact replicas, same ads, is there any new text/commentary, etc.?

On 6/18/2017 at 11:18 PM, Robot Man said:

Awesome consolation prize! I can't ever get enough Spicys. Speaking of Jon Berk, kinda surprised he didn't have pulps in his collection...

Jon answered the question in another thread:

Spoiler

No pulps ever........

9 hours ago, rjpb said:

Im surprised there aren't more Red Menace pulps from before WW2, but I got this one recently.

BBD0441.thumb.jpg.01a8dd9b2060033c3da82e8a3b0272c6.jpg

Some great covers in that title. I recently found a guy with a whole box of those. Sadly, they all had smoke/fire damage. I did buy a couple anyway just because the covers were outstanding.

On 7/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, sacentaur said:

I've yet to see one in person, but how would you pulp guys rate the Girasol replica editions for the early Weird Tales?

Are they exact replicas, same ads, is there any new text/commentary, etc.?

I have a bunch of them, but they're packed away somewhere.  My recollection is they are pretty much exact reprints, ads and all.  Same size too.  The indicia might indicate it's a reprint.