• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,115 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

My buddy, Steve, is at the Windy City show right now.  Really wish I could be there with him.  He just sent these two photos.  He’s on the boards so he may come on and give a report.

338C0938-D1DD-46D1-A6E0-33D0FC8EC3A0.jpeg

2166F42D-D45A-4BF9-AD64-C243E1F99BC9.jpeg

I'd be interested in that Navy Stories! 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, Robot Man said:

Anybody other than probably RedFury ping to the Windy City Pulp show? Would love to go someday. Since a lot of us can’t make it, sure would be nice to see a little report with maybe a few photos. Pretty please?  :wishluck:

I have some pics to post later in my half-arsed attempt at a report for those who couldn't attend...  :shy:

On 4/7/2018 at 9:05 AM, Randall Dowling said:

My buddy, Steve, is at the Windy City show right now.  Really wish I could be there with him.  He just sent these two photos.  He’s on the boards so he may come on and give a report.

338C0938-D1DD-46D1-A6E0-33D0FC8EC3A0.jpeg

2166F42D-D45A-4BF9-AD64-C243E1F99BC9.jpeg

Looks quiet (compared to pics posted from comic shows). Is this an accurate depiction of pulp show attendance or just a lull between mobs of buyers?

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I have some pics to post later in my half-arsed attempt at a report for those who couldn't attend...  :shy:

Do it Pop!  Do it!. Give us commentary on it as well. How many dealers? How was the Crowd? Prices and Selection? I've been thinking about it for years. Seems it was the same weekend as the comic show. I wonder how that affected turnout? Combining two shows might be worth it for me to come out...

2 hours ago, telerites said:

I don't collect pulps but I love them.  Someone posted a copy of this one sometime ago and I have been looking a copy and picked this up not too long ago - not being satanic but it is creepy, cool cover.

20180403_220507.thumb.jpg.3a6b99ba945c85e86eb60e619b1d2824.jpg

I think that was me. 

Congrats on getting one!  It's a really cool cover, one of Argosy's best I think.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Do it Pop!  Do it!. Give us commentary on it as well. How many dealers? How was the Crowd? Prices and Selection? I've been thinking about it for years. Seems it was the same weekend as the comic show. I wonder how that affected turnout? Combining two shows might be worth it for me to come out...

Seconded.  I'd love to see a report!

1 hour ago, RedFury said:

I think that was me. 

Congrats on getting one!  It's a really cool cover, one of Argosy's best I think.

Thanks, Todd.  I think it was you who posted a copy?  You've got quite a collection.  The Weird Tales pulps that you shared in the past alone are just incredible.  

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

Thanks, Todd.  I think it was you who posted a copy?  You've got quite a collection.  The Weird Tales pulps that you shared in the past alone are just incredible.  

You're welcome!  The Weird Tales are a passion, and I've been very fortunate being able to find so many nice copies.  Thanks!

Yes, here's my copy of that Argosy that I'm pretty sure I posted here before.  

Xxov6ATh.jpg

For those of you who seek some extra glimpses of the Windy City con, there's a thread on the main page. I hate that photosuckit ate the first 96% of so many threads that we are now posting on page 278 of, so I plopped my pics into their own cozy bubble of a thread.  :foryou:

I'll post some pics of my meager treasures later in the week, though I mostly bought paperbacks I have to say...

On 4/9/2018 at 1:05 AM, PopKulture said:

For those of you who seek some extra glimpses of the Windy City con, there's a thread on the main page. I hate that photosuckit ate the first 96% of so many threads that we are now posting on page 278 of, so I plopped my pics into their own cozy bubble of a thread.  :foryou:

I'll post some pics of my meager treasures later in the week, though I mostly bought paperbacks I have to say...

There’s a thread here for that sort of thing.  No excuses for not showing!  :sumo:

13 hours ago, RedFury said:

I thought you guys might enjoy this cool Tojo cover that I picked up recently.  There's lot's of comic book Tojo covers, but I think this is the only pulp I've ever seen.

Popular Football, Winter 1945

Cover by Earle Bergey

ikdjshJh.jpg

Nice! Never seen that one before. But there are so many pulps and most are so rare, I'm not surprised...