• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,117 posts in this topic

Nice! I have a fair amount of Yakimas. Bought them straight from the source shortly after the find. You rarely see them for sale. Because of the page quality and condition, people really seem to hang on to them. I have bought a fair amount of comics, pulps and other paper items out of that area over the years and paper quality is usually excellent. Must be the weather...

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice! I have a fair amount of Yakimas. Bought them straight from the source shortly after the find. You rarely see them for sale. Because of the page quality and condition, people really seem to hang on to them. I have bought a fair amount of comics, pulps and other paper items out of that area over the years and paper quality is usually excellent. Must be the weather...

I'd love to see some.  Do you have any of the Yakima Weird Tales?  I have 3, but Dave Smith said his recollection was there weren't that many, maybe a dozen or two.

2 hours ago, RedFury said:

I'd love to see some.  Do you have any of the Yakima Weird Tales?  I have 3, but Dave Smith said his recollection was there weren't that many, maybe a dozen or two.

No Weird Tales, never saw any. I was a little late to the party. I recall Dime Detective and crime titles. He wanted a king's ransom for the really good ones at the time.  I bought them for the covers mostly. I'll see if I have any photos when I get home tonight. Whitest pulps I have ever seen.