• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,173 posts in this topic

Its pretty pricey as I remember. I bought mine in with a collection of pulps a few years ago. I would email Dave at acidgothic he might have a copy.

Or you could just by the facsimle from Girrasol

PM me if you need Daves email

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weird-Tales-53-Feb-1928-Girasol-Pulp-Replica-HPL-REH_W0QQitemZ370083404897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item562ab09c61

weird-tales-1928-02m.jpg

Wow, I've always wondered what that issue looked like.

I guess the editor decided that a dining-room table turning into a cat made for a better cover than a giant, octopus-headed monster rising up out of the ocean while the crew of a tiny fishing boat flee in terror...

Poor HPL. Only two pulp covers in his lifetime.

I just recently read somewhere that he used to tear off every single Brundage cover because they offended his delicate sensibilities.

Ever see the silent movie poster (circa 2005, I think)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000BQTC98/sr=8-9/qid=1265147835/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd&qid=1265147835&sr=8-9

Edited by MisterX

weird-tales-1928-02m.jpg

I guess the editor decided that a dining-room table turning into a cat made for a better cover than a giant, octopus-headed monster rising up out of the ocean while the crew of a tiny fishing boat flee in terror...

:signfunny:

BZ's copy is in the middle of this 1928 group he posted a while ago (thumbs u

weirdtales19281.jpg

:o:o:o:o

That's your former copy in the middle, Bronzilla?

Holy smokes, I bet that could fetch $600 easy!

I think BZ=bangzoom hm

BZ's copy is in the middle of this 1928 group he posted a while ago (thumbs u

weirdtales19281.jpg

:o:o:o:o

That's your former copy in the middle, Bronzilla?

Holy smokes, I bet that could fetch $600 easy!

Nope! Mine was never that nice!! :cry:

600.00 would be low side Im guessing for one that nice!! (thumbs u

Has anyone here ever bought one of these paintings or comissioned them do a painting of choice based on a pulp or GA comic cover?

This guys art looks amazing and the price which includes frame seems very reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEIRD-TALES-1934-Robert-Howard-CONAN-PULP-OIL-PAINTING_W0QQitemZ140313516973QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item20ab565bad