• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Cage GL #1 and AA #16 sold on C-LINK

81 posts in this topic

Cage sold his house in my neighborhood last week for 35 million. He bought it two years ago for 25 million.

Jeff;

I thought real estate prices were supposed to be falling in the state of California? (shrug)

I guess obviously not around the Newport Beach area of the coast. Prices also still seems to be a bit high in the San Francisco area as my niece (who just got married last summer) just moved down there and brought a condo for over $1M dollars.

Way over my budget, but you know kids nowadays!

I think the coastal areas are a bit insulated from the housing meltdown. Newport has one of the largest pleasure boat harbors on the west coast, so there are plenty of well-to-dos that want to own here. Julie and I bought a fixer-upper here 11 years ago, and we're slowly watching as the area is "mansionized" around us, while our humble beach cottage remains as we bought it, with superficial improvements. We live on a very narrow peninsula, so it's really nice to have both the ocean and the bay so close.

Cage sold his house in my neighborhood last week for 35 million. He bought it two years ago for 25 million.

:o So did he live across the street from you or next door? (shrug)

probably jeff's guest house :baiting:

No, he lived right on the bay with a nice dock for his yacht, while i live two houses in from the bay. The difference, apparently, is about 33.5 million. His house is right next door to John Wayne's former home. A few months ago, he came home to find a man in his house wearing nothing but one of the leather jackets out of his closet. I think that soured the neighborhood for him.

People seemed to like him. There are tour boats in the bay constantly, and apparently whenever he was outside or on his boat when one of them passed, he'd smile and wave to the tourists. I never bumped into him.

Except for that one time I went over to try on his leather jacket.

:roflmao: You set that one up perfectly (thumbs u

AA #16 is, at the very least, the rarest of all the DC Keys. :cool:

Adventure #40 (thumbs u

That was is the "other" tough DC Key Sean. Thanks. I don't know enough about either book to say which one is tougher. I would guess the AD40 because it's a '39er, but I think I have seen less AA 16s (1940) in the past 16 years of collecting....

AA #16 is, at the very least, the rarest of all the DC Keys. :cool:

Adventure #40 (thumbs u

2 of my fav's:

adv40front-1.jpg

aa16fr.jpg

First you say you are not that fond, then I express interest, and suddenly they are favs :sorry:

ah, I see you are cathcing on my young padawan! lol

How rare are unrestored AA#16 and Adv #40s?

I've only been collecting GA in last couple of years and never seen an unrestored Adv #40 for sale and till recently hardly an AA#16.

Census copies are probably not a good indicator for these comics but does anyone with more experience than me have an idea of the number of copies buried in collections?

How rare are unrestored AA#16 and Adv #40s?

I've only been collecting GA in last couple of years and never seen an unrestored Adv #40 for sale and till recently hardly an AA#16.

Census copies are probably not a good indicator for these comics but does anyone with more experience than me have an idea of the number of copies buried in collections?

I suspect there are quite a few buried in collections...how many will come to market is anyone's guess... I have seen maybe 3 unrestored adv 40's and maybe 5 AA 16's in the past 3 years....I have also only seen 3 restored adv 40's and maybe 6 aa 16's...so, scarce applies to them, in any condition!

and, while they are not in my "feel hot" circle, they are among my favs when it comes to GA "keys" that are not generally getting the love from the masses