• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Um...dibs?

49 posts in this topic

NM you interested in the #53? excellent, I'll win it and sell it back to you marked up $500.

You're a giver, man.

Thrilling Comics #40...remember?

What about it?

thrilling40.jpg

We had another thread just like this awhile back. I mentioned that I was going for that book real strong. I bid, you out bid me...a few months later you offered to sell it to me marked up $500 more than what you won it for. Payback's a biiitch.

You must be talking about the 44. I bought the 40 from Basement comics.

We had another thread just like this awhile back. I mentioned that I was going for that book real strong. I bid, you out bid me...a few months later you offered to sell it to me marked up $500 more than what you won it for. Payback's a biiitch.

I hadn't planned on bidding on that book, but the bidding wasn't going as high as I had expected, so I threw in a bid that I thought was a bargain price and ended up winning it. Offering it to you later for $2500 was, in my mind, a fair deal, as the Crippin 8.0 had just sold for that very price, and wasn't as nice as my copy. I don't remember us talking about it before the auction. Did we?

Yes you and I were both involved in a thread very similiar to this one. I mentioned two books I was going strong after, one being the Thrilling 44. I had a bid in of $1800 which I thought would take. I wouldn't have minded if you changed your mind in keeping that book, and selling it to me, but seriously the only kind of people that mark up books like that are flippers. If you would have asked your buying price + maybe a few bucks I would have been ok with that...but $500? You want the Action #53? Your going to pay for it, and yes this will be punishment bidding... and strangely I'm ok with that.

Yes you and I were both involved in a thread very similiar to this one. I mentioned two books I was going strong after, one being the Thrilling 44. I had a bid in of $1800 which I thought would take. I wouldn't have minded if you changed your mind in keeping that book, and selling it to me, but seriously the only kind of people that mark up books like that are flippers. If you would have asked your buying price + maybe a few bucks I would have been ok with that...but $500? You want the Action #53? Your going to pay for it, and yes this will be punishment bidding... and strangely I'm ok with that.
:popcorn:

You're misrepresenting that thread. You listed 5 books that you were interested in, and in the very next post I stated that while I was determined to win the Thrilling #42 & #46, that I'd be keeping an eye on the bidding on the #44. I never offered to stay away from that book.

I think you would have been more effective had you not warned him. :screwy:

A lot of pre Hero Tecs just listed.

This will be a shock to a few of you - I probably won't go for the #35. Been waiting on the others a long time.

It's a good thing, cuz I would have punishment bid you.

I don't mean to nitpick, but I was reading the auction descriptions on the Actions, and on the Action #46, they have this stated:

ComicLink Comments:

"The offered example is the only CGC 8.5 of this issue and only a single 9.0 has ever been graded slightly higher at 9.0. Additionally, CGC has given this example its perfect page quality designation: White Pages. The Overstreet Price Guide lists this issue in the condition offered for $816."

but the book is clearly a 7.5 not 8.5 as marked on the little blue label.. that's a "non-crack and resub bump",

If you want to buy the 8.5 WHITE paged Action #46 listed on the census, you'll have to talk to me. ;)

A lot of pre Hero Tecs just listed.

This will be a shock to a few of you - I probably won't go for the #35. Been waiting on the others a long time.

wow, they are great books...

what a great quality material in this auction!

I guess I could bid on the tec 35 :baiting:

rick

lol

well, with heritage listing a #2, and Clink the 11, 22, and 23...I would say you are only going to be 3 short...you should have bought my 18, it was a beaut! :makepoint: