• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for them but they were done at a framing store.

Is the store, by chance, a chain? Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how much did they cost to have done? (you can PM me if you don't want to share that with everyone) :)

I had it done at a mom and pop shop and they ran me just over $600 for the pair (museum glass added alot to the price). Any frame shop can do it as long as the carry color core mats.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the info (thumbs u

What's the difference between standard UV resistant glass and the museum glass? I can see why you don't see alot of custom framed stuff, that really cuts into the funds for more art. :)

Yeah, it sure does! I'd be interested to hear the difference as well :foryou:

This explains it better than I can:

Believe it or not, choosing the right glass for your framing project can have just as much of a “Wow” factor as the choice of a frame and mat.

With Museum Glass you can clearly see the difference. It’s almost as if there is no glass at all. Reflection is reduced by over 85 percent, for the lowest possible reflection rating and the highest light transmission of all other glass on the market.

How does Museum Glass do it? Tru Vue’s Magnatron Sputtering, a proprietary manufacturing process, creates an ultra-thin coating on the glass that suppresses the reflection of visible light. This coating renders Museum Glass nearly invisible to the eye, allowing almost nothing to come between you and your ability to enjoy the beauty of whatever is in the frame. Imagine—optimal clarity for true color transmission. The highest brightness and contrast levels available. And the greatest color neutrality around.

But there’s more. Museum Glass blocks 98% of harmful UV rays from indoor and outdoor lights. Museum Glass actually helps protect your artwork from fading, so your framed piece will last a lifetime.

Choosing the right glass clearly does matter. That’s why more “Wows!” are being heard from people who use Museum Glass to finish their framing projects.

Edited by MONSTER

Here are a few of my framed pieces. Check out my CAF to see better pics. The matted piece is under regular glass and the other piece is under "museum" glass. Notice any difference? It does make a huge difference in person.

51419-022.JPG.7dfb4af6a74e28f1c104336c76c16647.JPG

51420-018.JPG.0204284ab62baca3300668b10100e948.JPG

Here are some of my favorites.

Commissioned Hawkman oil painting (no glass)

DSC03015.jpg

A couple of Shelly Moldoff water colors

DSC03017.jpg

DSC03019.jpg

Neal Adams Deadman from Strange Adventures

DSC03018.jpg

A friend of mine's commissioned work of Flash and his Rogues. Sort of a grim

painting in black and white

DSC03022.jpg

And my favorite....Gil Kane's Green Lantern and Sinestro

DSC03020.jpg

Thanks for the info Monster. I'll have to consider this when framing my WD covers. :cloud9:

If you don't want to spend the money, send the Walking Dead covers to me and I'll have them framed. :devil:

:roflmao:

I think I'll spring for the museum glass. (thumbs u