• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

I finally purchased a mat cutter. I have a few pieces that will not properly fit in a pre-cut mat/frame.

First two attempts were pretty successful. Double mat from the start.

Can't wait to get the better frames/glass to put these in.

(sorry for the crappy pics)

UXjezN2m.jpggqVyCjCm.jpg

For a change of pace, how 'bout a Thimble Theater 'Popeye' dated 9-5-32. This daily predates the spinach eaters first epic encounter with Bluto (as well as the first theatrical Popeye cartoon by nearly a year).

When I had it framed, I allowed space for the title "The Face in the Moonlight" written by Segar in blue pencil below the daily. For some reason, this was the only title that was left out when the dailies were reprinted by Nemo (Fantagraphics?) in the 80s.

A creepy, moody black daily... when I look at it I can't help but be reminded of F. Marion Crawford's 'The Upper Berth.' Enjoy!

2upuy69.jpg

I'm not a huge strip art fan, but WOW!

I have a few to show, only started getting into the art in the last year or so...

I bought them cause I liked them :)

Actually the surfer on the left was a christmas present 10 years ago..If I remember correctly there were only 250 prints done and signed by Buscema. The surfer on the right is an acrylic painting by Jusko and looks wayyyy better in person. It appears 3D in the frame...just an awesome piece imho..

cr1.jpg

I have a few to show, only started getting into the art in the last year or so...

I bought them cause I liked them :)

Actually the surfer on the left was a christmas present 10 years ago..If I remember correctly there were only 250 prints done and signed by Buscema. The surfer on the right is an acrylic painting by Jusko and looks wayyyy better in person. It appears 3D in the frame...just an awesome piece imho..

cr1.jpg

I almost bought the Jusko piece but you beat me too it. Looks great framed.

Just recently added this piece to my Shadow collection.

Extremely rare [font:Arial Black]Shadow interior art page [/font]by [font:Arial Black]Edd Cartier[/font] (only a handful of examples known to exist).

Large [font:Arial Black]12" x 16" [/font] interior page from the [font:Arial Black]Shadow pulp [font:Arial Black]"Treasure Trail"[/font] [/font] [font:Arial Black] (1937).[/font] .

The actual size of the board is 16" x 20" (12" x 16" image size).

CartierOA1_zpse9633eed.jpeg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

The framed size of this jam is roughly 5'x2'. The piece itself is 11"x17" and contains photos showcasing the WIP. The artists involved are listed below.

• Bill Maus
  • Mike DeBalfo
  • Ale Garaz
  • Val Mayerik
  • Eric Basaldua
  • Jeff Balke
  • Siya Oum
  • Paolo Pantalena
  • Alex Konat
  • Franchesco
  • Rick Basaldua
  • Bill Dinh