• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Great collection and well worth the time and effort to have them up and displayed like that. You must ge a lot more enjoyment out of them rather than having them sat in portfolios.

That is the point - I'm trying not to have stuff in my portfolio although I have a few. I'm trying to dispose of my non vital art and keep the frameworthy ones. Slowly evolving my collecting habits to "go for gold". Thanks for the kind comments.

I just upgraded all my framed art to non-glare glass. It was a chore because I manually did it myself - didn't trust having them all out of my possession at once.

These are night shots so quality is not good. If you want better quality check my CAF page here: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=66134

I'd also accept suggestions on how to arrange or order them. I will label pics clockwise starting from upper left.

sDSC03041_zps21b2d554.jpg

Action 595 Byrne Splash, Garcia-Lopez Style Guide Cover 94, Swan Superman Splash, Schaffenberger World of Krypton opening splash

sDSC03034_zps0e656cd9.jpg

Malang Filipino strip art, Tony Velasquez Kengkoy Filipino Strip art circa 1937, Dan Decarlo Jughead Cover, Mandrake DC Retroactive Batman Cover, Byrne MTU 62 Commission, Rubinstein Flash 254 Recreation, Wagner Batman 639 cover, Aragones Groo Frontispiece, Aragones Rufferto Back Cover, Nestor Redondo Filipino Comics

sDSC03037_zpsa57314de.jpg

Mandrake, Byrne, Andru/Byrne Action 599, Swanderson Superman Annual, Byrne Man of Steel, Rubinstein, Wagner

sDSC03035_zps3cae3b4e.jpg

Another view,not sure why I took so many pictures. If you see light, that is unavoidable because it's night and of the angle. But at least I don't see reflections anymore. This glass is really good.

sDSC03038_zps8b4e856c.jpg

Kirby Superpowers Final Page Large Size

sDSC03039_zps2a92ed88.jpg

The highest part of my room because without them our hobby would not be possible - signatures of Siegel, Shuster, Bob Kane in one page - also has Jerry Robinson, Joe Kubert, Jerry DeFuccio and Jerry Robinson

sDSC03040_zpsdabc6003.jpg

Signatures above door, Kane Action 45th Anniversary Cover, Neal Adams Batman Illustrated Splash, Mike Decarlo Legion 38 commission, Rubinstein X-Men Commission, Perez Infinite Crisis 7 Cover, Ordway Man of Steel TPB Cover

There you go -- hope you enjoyed and let me know if you want a closeup of anything here but you can probably find it in my CAF page anyway.

One more corner in the room I forgot to take a picture of! These are the oversized frames:

sDSC03046_zps51d6e3a4.jpg

The DC Comics Guide To Digitally Drawing Comics by Freddie Williams, JLA 147 Cover Reimagination by original series inker Frank McLaughlin

Since it was a process drawing, Freddie did the pencils and inks on separate board. He also sent me the file with digital colors - the problem being I could only fit his art in an old frame of mine that used to house a double page splash that I have since moved. Maybe someday I will make a new frame with the two original pieces and the print with the digital colors - all in the same size. We will see about that.

The Batman painting, with Bats in front of a gravestone, is really good. (thumbs u

Thank you and one of my favorites here for sure.

I couldn't make out the bottom right cover so I checked your CAF and it's Bolland Camelot 3000! Wow!

I don't mean to offend you but pic quality isn't too good. Would love to see more high res-pics of your collection. I also see that you have a Crisis cover. I'd love to see a pic of that framed.

I think you can tell from my collection that I'm more of a DC guy and not Marvel so I'd love to see more of your DC stuff!

Edited by jick

Great room Congratulations. Do you have a wider shot showing everything together?

Here you go, going clockwise:

sDSC03049_zps85cb5e68.jpg

sDSC03050_zpsdba0575c.jpg

sDSC03051_zpse601a726.jpg

sDSC03052_zps1daea321.jpg

sDSC03054_zpsd42e68b9.jpg

There you go. It's actually a 360 degree view and this area is actually my bedroom. If you look at one of the pics there are two blank spaces above one of the doors. I have two pieces coming in, hopefully this week. And I have the frames ready so I just have to do it myself and I will be posting an update soon.

Here are som last minute additions right before 2013 is coming to a close:

For more additional images and a more detailed description, check out these pages in my CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1083931

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1083935

LOVE the Perez cover(s).