• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek

61 posts in this topic

I think that Warf really made DS9 and that 7 of 9 saved Voyager. Both series became a lot better when these characters joined. Enterprise was ok. Hopefully they will do a good job with the new movie.

Mike

Both series were fine enemble pieces and good television. As for the new movie, I hope it works, it seems like it might be difficult trying to recreate such iconic characters like Kirk and Bones and Spock and Scotty, but I wish them luck.

:cool:

sounds like leonard nimoy's voice in there...

Yep. Nimoy is in it, but no word of Shatner.

According to reports, Shatner was the only one not asked to do a cameo.

I guess that makes sense, since he's supposed to dead.

Yeah, but he got better. :insane:

Yeah, but he got better. :insane:

Yeah, but then he died again.

...sounds like leonard nimoy's voice in there...

I had the chance to chat briefly with Mr. Nimoy at a local book signing, and he was kind enough to autograph two original scripts I had from the first series.

Sharp cookie at his age, took him all of 3 seconds to ask, "Where did you get these?!" (answer was Desilu Studios sell-off).

That's because he's under contract to sing the theme song.

...sounds like leonard nimoy's voice in there...

I had the chance to chat briefly with Mr. Nimoy at a local book signing, and he was kind enough to autograph two original scripts I had from the first series.

Sharp cookie at his age, took him all of 3 seconds to ask, "Where did you get these?!" (answer was Desilu Studios sell-off).

That's because he's under contract to sing the theme song.

:o:roflmao:

"Star Trek, cha, cha, cha, cha, cha

Star TREKKKK, cha, cha, cha, cha, cha..."

:applause:

Ha! Seven of Nine aka Jeri Ryan was Voyager. :cloud9:

Please, use her formal title "44 of D".

I thought it was "Seven of 69".

funny you should mention that...originaly, they did play around with the idea of naming her " 6 of 9" for obvious inuendo reasons

rick

not true, was purely a money and shatner forced decision...jj went to him and nimoy first, nimoy agreed, shatner was a little "too big" for his britches on this one ($ and wanted "say so"), so they dropped the pursuit

not true, was purely a money and shatner forced decision...jj went to him and nimoy first, nimoy agreed, shatner was a little "too big" for his britches on this one ($ and wanted "say so"), so they dropped the pursuit

It's probably that he just wanted more money than they wanted to pay. He's at another peak, whereas Nimoy is doing the convention circuit. I imagine the films producers would like to make it seem like Shatner'rs a jerk. He's just on the top of his game. I also think it's easier to intergrate Nimoy since Vulcans live a long time and you can do some old age scenes, wheras Kirk got killed in that stupid Next generation movie when he was younger and thinner. So Shatner, at 77, is still the man, ego or not. What? Actors have egos? No....

. I also think it's easier to intergrate Nimoy since Vulcans live a long time and you can do some old age scenes, wheras Kirk got killed in that stupid Next generation movie when he was younger and thinner. So Shatner, at 77, is still the man, ego or not. What? Actors have egos? No....

My understanding is this is supposed to be a prequel so I doubt Nimoy will be Spock and the whole Generations thing has not even happened.

. I also think it's easier to intergrate Nimoy since Vulcans live a long time and you can do some old age scenes, wheras Kirk got killed in that stupid Next generation movie when he was younger and thinner. So Shatner, at 77, is still the man, ego or not. What? Actors have egos? No....

My understanding is this is supposed to be a prequel so I doubt Nimoy will be Spock and the whole Generations thing has not even happened.

it is a prequel, but you see spock in the 24th century...maybe a "let me tell you how it was in the beginning" type story?

it is a prequel, but you see spock in the 24th century...maybe a "let me tell you how it was in the beginning" type story?

Probably so, but wouldn't it be cool if it were Spock traveling back in time to his academy days?

Probably so, but wouldn't it be cool if it were Spock traveling back in time to his academy days?

it would indeed

Hey Rick,

Does DST have the licensing rights for toys for this movie, or is another company going to do it?

For those who don't know, Detective27Kid is one of the foremost retailers and experts on Star Trek related toys. He has commissioned many exclusive items over the years.

it would indeed

I second that.