• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't believe I got this 9.8 from 1974 so cheap

68 posts in this topic

Dek,

Just my take: Never ok to bail on a transaction via ebay just because your research after the fact gives you buyer's remorse.

Perfectly reasonable now for your seller to slam you with a negative, as you wasted his time and he incured listing and final value fee's due to your itchy trigger finger.

His auction included not one but several pieces of false information which I pointed out to him. That is the basis for my not buying the item. He is not out any final ebay fees because we mutually agreed not to do the deal. So his total loss is the 40 cent listing fee I guess.

Dek,

Just my take: Never ok to bail on a transaction via ebay just because your research after the fact gives you buyer's remorse.

Perfectly reasonable now for your seller to slam you with a negative, as you wasted his time and he incured listing and final value fee's due to your itchy trigger finger.

His auction included not one but several pieces of false information which I pointed out to him. That is the basis for my not buying the item. He is not out any final ebay fees because we mutually agreed not to do the deal. So his total loss is the 40 cent listing fee I guess.

What was the false information?

Dek,

I couldn't agree more - you should have done your research beforehand (tsk)

And if he claimed that the book was incredibly rare in the auction description, so what? Pretty much every ebay seller does that - and people always fudge the census numbers. There was a guy selling a Miracleman #1 9.6 the other day on the bay, and he claimed it was the highest ranked in the census (it's not - there are about 40 #1 9.8's), and there was only one other #1 9.6 out there (which is far from being true as well).

Ultimately it's your responsibility as a buyer to educate yourself.

After thinking about ti, I told the seller I really did not want to buy the book and he was cool with it. I explained to him that it was not in fact hard to find in high grade like his auction stated, etc.

I just really didn't want it anymore, it felt too much like I was buying a "modern", even though it was 34 years old.

(tsk)

Poor form,canceling a winning bid because you did your homework after the fact.

Whats your ebay ID,so I can be sure this doesn't happen on one of my auctions.

You have to wonder if saving a measly $37 is worth seeing your reputation plunge on these boards. hm

Poor form,canceling a winning bid because you did your homework after the fact.

Whats your ebay ID,so I can be sure this doesn't happen on one of my auctions.

You have to wonder if saving a measly $37 is worth seeing your reputation plunge on these boards. hm

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, is a positive (i'll assume you meant) "reputation" on these boards THAT vital to people? hm personally, I don't think it is, sorry. It's context, and source, that matters most with that kind of appraisal of another persons character.

However, I do agree with the masses that his protocols for dealing with a purchased auction, need to be improved.

It was the SELLER who suggested we not complete the transaction after I pointed out several factual errors in his listing and that I would not otherwise have bid (i.e. stating that this comic had come from inside a model kit, etc.) . It was the SELLER who sent me the official ebay form to mutually agree not to do the deal. The seller did not give me any trouble at all once I pointed out the reality of the warehouse find to him, as he was probably well aware of this fact but did not disclose it.

After thinking about ti, I told the seller I really did not want to buy the book and he was cool with it. I explained to him that it was not in fact hard to find in high grade like his auction stated, etc.

I just really didn't want it anymore, it felt too much like I was buying a "modern", even though it was 34 years old.

(tsk)

(thumbs u

dekeuk, take the hits and move on.

Sounds to me that the seller may have known he was misleading to agree to let you off the hook. Greggy woulda fried your balls!

In butter.

and garlic :acclaim: