• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 on ebay

13 posts in this topic

AF 15

Is this seller, silver_age_comics, on the boards? He sure has many nice books on ebay. What do you think of this book?

He should get that removed. :eek:

Does anyone on the boards have any experience with this seller (either positive or negative)? Does he ever post on the boards?

He has some nice books up on ebay at the moment. His feedback is good and he seems like he knows what he's doing. But a few of his auctions have sent up some red flags IMO and I'm a bit nervous about bidding.

If anyone has bought from this seller before and would be willing to share their experiences I'd appreciate it!

I actually bought an Action Comics #16 from him in VG- condition. I am not an expert grader, but I am very happy with the book. He sold another one last week he called VG/FN for less than what I paid- oh well.

He advertises in Overstreet, has a brick-and-mortar store in NY. Bought a pedigree ASM off of him that was consigned by Ronm3 (a book that I'd previously bought from him but he somehow "lost"). I'm guessing it's "safe" to bid on these books. Although I got a real good laugh out of his AF 15 description. The AF 15 definitely looks like a Comic-Keys special.

Brian

Lookin at that AF #15 as well! Kinda reminds me of a Robojo's/CK auction, but I'm sure his photos are not photoshopped at all. I'm just wondering how much of a color touch it has and whether there are any more restoration done. Such a beautiful book otherwise!

Speaking of high grade books, have any of you guys dealt with seller Comics-r-Forever? He had a high grade FF #1 and TOS #39 advertised as unrestored, but I dunno if I can truly trust what he said.. I saw that Showcase-4 won the TOS 39. Hope the book is truly unrestored.

AF 15

Is this seller, silver_age_comics, on the boards? He sure has many nice books on ebay. What do you think of this book?

Not sure if Gus (SA Comics in NY, NY) is on the boards, but, yeah, he has many GA and SA for sure up for grabs...might be all consignment as some GA is from a collection from Europe...

AF 15

He's trying to spin trimming as conservation! :o And spinning the AF 15 as unrestored :blahblah: I just can't trust that everything else is on the level.

AF 15

He's trying to spin trimming as conservation! :o And spinning the AF 15 as unrestored :blahblah: I just can't trust that everything else is on the level.

Whoa, I didnt even catch the "trimming as conservation" part :o.. Glad I read this thread :).. Trimming is definitely restoration and a big negative at that in my book!