• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leder & PGX: Back together again

168 posts in this topic

In fact, since I'm a determined and (sometimes overly) focused Virgo...I can be pretty patient. I will call Pauly the next time you and he are geeking out. I'm sure Pauly won't mind.

Gotta catch some zzzzz's

R.

Being from the same town as PGX.I know Dan Patterson,Ryan Elliott(terence Leder) and most of the other people involved with pgx.Eugene is a mid size town that got really small for a bit.

So, guilt by association or wrong place, wrong time?

(shrug)

Doc,

Just ask anyone from Oregon how they are perceived on these boards.Im sure most of the time it will be with a sick green tone on their face as they say"your from Eugene"

Dennis, I believe part of this supposed misconception has to do with the fact that you always tend to circumnavigate the question being asked hoping that the asker will forget that they have yet to receive a straight answer.

Being from the same town as PGX.I know Dan Patterson,Ryan Elliott(terence Leder) and most of the other people involved with pgx.Eugene is a mid size town that got really small for a bit.

(shrug)

Doc,

Just ask anyone from Oregon how they are perceived on these boards.Im sure most of the time it will be with a sick green tone on their face as they say"your from Eugene"

Dennis, I believe part of this supposed misconception has to do with the fact that you always tend to circumnavigate the question being asked hoping that the asker will forget that they have yet to receive a straight answer.

Straight answer I guess would be a little bit of both.When I was working in the local comic shop Dan was a customer.At that point he was a teenager or early twenties I guess.As far as Ryan Elliott he was a customer of mine.Spent 1k a month .That is the guilt by association I guess.The bad place bad time is when Elliott stole 20-30k worth of books from me.

D

Professional Grading eXperts

I never knew what PGX stood for before... hm

:P one out of three ain't bad :shrug:

So only half a Meatloaf? :D

1/3 dork.

A mini loaf :kidaround:

We all can't be perfect like you (shrug)

I wish, I too collect Romance Comics too Greggy. :blush:

Besides, I would say anything just to interrupt the hennyclucking this thread has produced. :blahblah:

Come on Kenny. I can't remember the last post you made that had anything resembling actual content or a post with even a tiny hint of backbone in it. You shouldn't be complaining. :baiting:

PS: This post represents my CGC Moderator Permitted Posting Allotment to ZeMan Without it Being Considered Trolling for 2008. I'll see you in 2009!

I don't even know what this means Brad, or why you even care so much about what I say. Lets just hope by 2009 you will actually be over this petty, grudge b s.

1/3 dork.

Besides, I would say anything just to interrupt the hennyclucking this thread has produced. :blahblah:

Come on Kenny. I can't remember the last post you made that had anything resembling actual content or a post with even a tiny hint of backbone in it. You shouldn't be complaining. :baiting:

PS: This post represents my CGC Moderator Permitted Posting Allotment to ZeMan Without it Being Considered Trolling for 2008. I'll see you in 2009!

I don't even know what this means Brad, or why you even care so much about what I say. Lets just hope by 2009 you will actually be over this petty, grudge b s.

You two just need to get behind closed doors and duke it out.boxing.gif

1/3 dork.

You two just need to get behind closed doors and duke it out.boxing.gif

starwars.gif

(shrug)

Doc,

Straight answer I guess would be a little bit of both.When I was working in the local comic shop Dan was a customer.At that point he was a teenager or early twenties I guess.As far as Ryan Elliott he was a customer of mine.Spent 1k a month .That is the guilt by association I guess.The bad place bad time is when Elliott stole 20-30k worth of books from me.

D

For what it is worth, I was in Eugene once and visited Dennis' store. I met him and Ryan so I can say for sure they are two different people if anyone had (has) questions on that point. Dennis seemed like a nice guy to me (actually so did Ryan) so I'm sorry to hear about the theft of his books. I had a buddy here in Olympia once who got so caught up in the "business" of comics that he ended up doing some jail time.

I had never heard of Ryan being Terrence and Terrence owning PGX before. I know Ryan gets a lot of books graded by PGX and sells them so that would concern me as a PGX customer because of the conflict of interest.

Well then explain why you would put "Ryan Elliot(terrence leder)". This insinuates they are one and the same to me but you have said before they are different people. For that matter you never really explained why you and Leder/Elliot/whatever have the same IP ... other than lame excuses like many people can have the same IP (a lie) and that they used your computer which makes you wonder why you would do so if you were aware of them doing dirty dealings.

Cod,

We don't know each other and so I know I have no credibility with you but like I said, Ryan and Dennis are two separate people. Dennis seemed to trust Ryan pretty completely when I was there so if he said he let Ryan use his computer at the store, I would believe him. I know my LCS pretty much let me have the run of the place back in the day when I was a $500+/month customer.

I'm originally from Portland. Never been through any Eugene comic shops in my youth, but I remember when Dark Horse first launched.

Only been back three times since 1987

Yeah, who cares? Their only clain to fame is a great holder that's limits shaken slab syndrome and the fact that people on the cgc site loves bashing them.

You can fix most SCS problems with pressing, it's hard to fix pulled staple tears.

Oops...I did it again. :eek:

Cliff notes version of history for the noobs? Or would that just do it worse?

(yeah, yeah, I know. Look it up myself but then what would the old farts have to harp about?)

OldGuy's site.

I remember when most of this excellent digital detective work and general sleuthing happened (Brad especially). What a blast from the past.

Yeah, who cares? Their only clain to fame is a great holder that's limits shaken slab syndrome and the fact that people on the cgc site loves bashing them.

You can fix most SCS problems with pressing, it's hard to fix pulled staple tears.

Did what? CGC books with the new inner well are just as vulnerable to staple tears. (shrug)

Did what? CGC books with the new inner well are just as vulnerable to staple tears. (shrug)

True, but that wasn't was commented above.

BTW, I just released 4 books this week b/c the SCS was killing me. They were on Moderns that were encased before they implemented the change.

True, but that wasn't was commented above.

BTW, I just released 4 books this week b/c the SCS was killing me.

Press & resub? (shrug)