• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New here. 30 years collecting DC silver.

111 posts in this topic

Found some more scans on my external hard drive of some High Grade Showcase issues. I've had these books since about 1982. I paid a guy $1 each for a couple 100 silver DC's and most all are this kind of cond. Vf VF/nm or better. ranging from 1962 til about '66.

That's all he asked for them. He was the original owner.

IN the collection were these Showcase, Lois Lane 70, Green Lantern 40, Brave & the Bold issues(including the first Teen Titans app.), Some Action, Adventure, Aquaman, Atom, you name it. There were several from most all the Superhero titles.

showcase48.jpg

showcase49.jpg

showcase50.jpg

showcase51.jpg

showcase52.jpg

showcase55.jpg

showcase56.jpg

showcase57.jpg

showcase59.jpg

showcase60.jpg

showcase75.jpg

I had a couple done back around 2000 through my local comic shop. The Green Lantern 40 came back as a 8.5 vf+. My Rip Hunter #1 was labled in purple as 5.5 f- because someone had touched up some of the black. I never knew it. It was sold to me out of the CBG back in the 70's as a NM copy. We weren't as tuff on 'em then.

I have purchased several slabs. But really do not prefer them.

Thought I would share some cool war gray-tones as my last batch for the evening.

These are lower grade vg+ range but still display quite well. I'll post these at the "WAR Books" thread as well. by the way I posted a couple others at the War thread.

gicombat76.jpg

gicombat77.jpg

gicombat96.jpg

Hey Hobo!!

Been busy here ever since you turned me onto this board! I finally uploaded an image to the War comic thread. My low grade of Our Fighting Forces #1.

Hola!! That's a thought. Think I'll dig that Tomahawk out and let everyone see it!

And it is Pluto of Disney fame on the cover. Not Goofy. lol

You still coming by tomorrow to check out the high grade Superboy #1 I scored?

Look for me around 1pm . . . Saw when you called earlier . . . I hate cell-phones.