• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Come back Goonchild/Luke/ECX7Collection/cgc-overstreeter/Alex DeLarge/Thomas...

673 posts in this topic

BTW...... in order to truly understand the crackpot personality we are dealing with here..... check out this short thread started by Thomas.....as Alex DeLarge.....where he is still shilling his EC website as if it were owned by someone else! :screwy:

Paging Psychatric Outpatient Hughes....Paging Psychiatric Patient Hughes....

The last post is a classic....... here is Thomas Hughes....again...as he did as EXC7Collection, continue to refer to himself as someone else. Yikes!

Remember....this is Tom Hughes writing this post.....lol

The owner of the site above [ECX7Whatever] did respond to my request for help, and he was very affable and accomodating. His name is TOM HUGHES, and he took over & bought the site out a few months ago, hence the initial name change altho' it can still be found as kutprice.com as well.

I told him of your comments about the previous owner, and he assures me that has nothing to do with him. He's planning to take the site forward in a different direction, and is in the process of acquiring some tasty artwork apparently.

He expressed an interest in joining here for 'educational' purposes, and was surprised this place existed....surprising how many people are unaware of this forum.

Anyway thanks to all for assistance on this, I think I need look no further for research purposes, as he seems to know his stuff.

I guess....you should know...Thomas.

Good God Man! Seek Help Immediately!

Amazing, simply amazing. Nice detective work, Red.

BTW… Have the Board Rules changed in my absence?

Is not having more than one account (shill) a bannable offense?

Crazy.. doh!

Alex DeLarge's last post. (Note that he would NEVER knowingly use a shill.) :makepoint:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=1477852&Searchpage=1&Main=81181&Words=+Alex+DeLarge&topic=0&Search=true#Post1477852

Just a quick word mainly on why I was suspended for a week.

I don't know if attempting to create a shill has resulted in a ban before, but that's why I got the boot.

All I can say is about a week or so ago myself, Brad and others were having a bit of a laugh in a thread with Wilson.

I decided the next day to create a Wilson-esque ID following on from this, and linked to the Movie thread.

I think I had some funny ideas for it but it never got off the ground as my application for this ID was stopped dead in its tracks mainly due to the vigilance of the Mods.

Kudos to them for that.

I stupidly made no attempt to hide it as a joke, so it was easily spotted, hence the Ban.

The point is... amusing idea or not, I support the notion of No shills. It was wrong of me to attempt what I did, and I apologise to The Mods for creating extra hassle and work for them.

I can assure you the point of it was to create some amusement and not to foster any sinister character assassination under the guise of a shill.

Anyone who's crossed swords with me before knows I'll speak my mind whatever, so a shill is pointless to me on that score.

Anyway those are the facts.

I'm outta here for a while. I may be back in 2007.

This after all is a chat room...not something important...well least not to me.

In the scheme of things its irrelevant. Altho' a good place for the hobby with a few decent individuals, there are far too many people who have an unhealthy attachment for the place...Just my opinion.

Special Christmas Wishes to Brad, Ryan Russo,Dave Rice, Mark (Herald 2galctus), Vince. Mica & Mutant keys and a few others whose names escape me for now.

To all on the Boards I say have a very happy Xmas and a peaceful New Year.

I wish for you and yours what you wish yourselves.

Ta Ra a bit

Alex. thumbsup2.gif

BTW...... in order to truly understand the crackpot personality we are dealing with here..... check out this short thread started by Thomas.....as Alex DeLarge.....where he is still shilling his EC website as if it were owned by someone else! :screwy:

Paging Psychatric Outpatient Hughes....Paging Psychiatric Patient Hughes....

The last post is a classic....... here is Thomas Hughes....again...as he did as EXC7Collection, continue to refer to himself as someone else. Yikes!

Remember....this is Tom Hughes writing this post.....lol

The owner of the site above [ECX7Whatever] did respond to my request for help, and he was very affable and accomodating. His name is TOM HUGHES, and he took over & bought the site out a few months ago, hence the initial name change altho' it can still be found as kutprice.com as well.

I told him of your comments about the previous owner, and he assures me that has nothing to do with him. He's planning to take the site forward in a different direction, and is in the process of acquiring some tasty artwork apparently.

He expressed an interest in joining here for 'educational' purposes, and was surprised this place existed....surprising how many people are unaware of this forum.

Anyway thanks to all for assistance on this, I think I need look no further for research purposes, as he seems to know his stuff.

I guess....you should know...Thomas.

Good God Man! Seek Help Immediately!

Oy Vey Gevalt.

This is why always telling the truth is so much easier than lying. Remembering the truth is sooooo much easier than trying to keep up with all the different stories you tell along the way

doh! to the n degree there, Gooner. Way to go

He said he worked that out with the PTB.

Oh... I see.

So they’ve collectively worked out a new ID that no one will recognize in the future.

Interesting. Thx! (thumbs u

Let's not go jumping to conclusions. He offered up a story of computer problems, forgotten passwords and plead "mea culpa," so they let him stay, obviously. He wasn't a permanently banned member sneaking back in through the exit door.

What the prevaricator always forgets is that on a chatboard, a clear record of your words can exist for a very long time. You will end up contradicting yourself into an endless loop of lies that will eventually catch you up.

He said he worked that out with the PTB.

Oh... I see.

So they’ve collectively worked out a new ID that no one will recognize in the future.

Interesting. Thx! (thumbs u

Let's not go jumping to conclusions. He offered up a story of computer problems, forgotten passwords and plead "mea culpa," so they let him stay, apparently.

Yeah, he lied to the mods too....he probably just wanted to leave of his previously unpopular ID with all it's baggage and start the game anew. And he says I have no life? Oh......kay then. :screwy:

I don't see the mods complicit in any way. No conspiracy.

You can wait until Friday to try to explain this but, you are going to have to wait a lot longer than that if you expect us to believe you. :sick:

Well by Friday he will have a plausible (in his mind) excuse for all the inaccuracies and half truths and :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Sad part is that he does not all of us to believe him. All con men just need a few to fall for their BS. Unfortunately a percentage of collectors would push their own mothers down a well for the books they need and could care less what a hypocrite and a fraud the seller is.

Just in case you are unusually dense Goon, I am calling you a fraud and a hypocrite. (thumbs u

If you offered me AF #15 for $50, I firmly believe that I would have the intestinal fortitude to tell you to go pound sand.

Have a nice day. (thumbs u

What the prevaricator always forgets is that on a chatboard, a clear record of your words can exist for a very long time. You will end up contradicting yourself into an endless loop of lies that will eventually catch you up.

Okay, I am completely and utterly corn-fizzled;

Alex DeLarge, on Aug 26, 2006;

Just as a follow up to this;

The owner of the site above did respond to my request for help, and he was very affable and accomodating. His name is TOM HUGHES, and he took over & bought the site out a few months ago, hence the initial name change altho' it can still be found as kutprice.com as well.

Alex DeLarge, on November 10, 2006;

Hi All.

My Name is Thomas...I'm a Com-a-holic...

OK I've been reading a whole lately about all this Disclosure of Identity on the Boards.

I personally have no problem with it, altho' I respect the opinion of all those who choose, for whatever reason not to disclose their identity.,,,so I'll say no more about that.

What I do think would be cool is if there was a sort of nucleus of Board members who are happy to say who they are, and a little bit about themselves.

I think it promotes trust & friendship & would eliminate al lot of the silly back-biting that goes on, and leave the field open for some fruitful discussions.

This thread could be a sort of referral for all members to see who's who, and promote greater trust I think.

I would encourage members even with the highest profiles here to post their details, for the benefit of those members who don't know them.

I'll start the ball rolling.

My name is Thomas Hughes, and I am now retired (age 45).

I reside currently in the North of England.

A few months back I took over (bought out the rights & ownership) to a well known EC website, which is now an Online Museum. It's a labour of love anyway, with no profit whatsoever in monetary terms.

My user ID...Alex DeLarge...is taken from one of my favourite films..'A Clockwork Orange'.

That's it really...not much to tell...but that's who I am...simple to do, is'nt it?

I look forward to productive & fun discourse in the future, from all the real people.

Please post who you are, it makes a 2D experience all the more 3D.

THIS IS A GREAT FORUM WHICH CERTAINLY BENEFITS ALL COLLECTORS, DUE TO MEMBERS WHO HAVE SOME AMAZING KNOWLEDGE & INSIGHTS.

BUT LIKE ANYTHING, IT CAN BE IMPROVED...LET'S DO IT.

All the Best

Alex (Tom)

You said it best a few posts ago

"This is why always telling the truth is so much easier than lying. Remembering the truth is sooooo much easier than trying to keep up with all the different stories you tell along the way

"

You can wait until Friday to try to explain this but, you are going to have to wait a lot longer than that if you expect us to believe you. :sick:

Well by Friday he will have a plausible (in his mind) excuse for all the inaccuracies and half truths and :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Sad part is that he does not all of us to believe him. All con men just need a few to fall for their BS. Unfortunately a percentage of collectors would push their own mothers down a well for the books they need and could care less what a hypocrite and a fraud the seller is.

Just in case you are unusually dense Goon, I am calling you a fraud and a hypocrite. (thumbs u

If you offered me AF #15 for $50, I firmly believe that I would have the intestinal fortitude to tell you to go pound sand.

Have a nice day. (thumbs u

Brad and I will do our best to remind the "Goon Followers" who he really is! ;)