• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two days left 'till the Insanity ends...CLink..Anyone have a leading bid?

580 posts in this topic

One more, this was non-CGC and graded by CLink as a VG+ (corner creasing on upper right fc, 4" crease on bc). The books presents better than the given grade - or this lousy photo shows - (beautiful off-white to white pages too), and I was very :banana: with this raw item:

000_0235.jpg

One more, this was non-CGC and graded by CLink as a VG+ (corner creasing on upper right fc, 4" crease on bc). The books presents better than the given grade - or this lousy photo shows - (beautiful off-white to white pages too), and I was very :banana: with this raw item:

000_0235.jpg

dern STEVE, your glossinator even makes VG;'s look primo (thumbs u

you have to teach me the lighting technique, as even my primo glossy's look "dull"

Rec'd my books from the most recent CLink auction today - very pleased with the speedy service! (thumbs u

000_0234.jpg

Now it's crackin' time... :devil:

what a nice, diverse assortment (no doubt with nice PQ) goodness

000_0235.jpg

dern STEVE, your glossinator even makes VG;'s look primo (thumbs u

you have to teach me the lighting technique, as even my primo glossy's look "dull"

except that it's not a VG---you can't knock a book that pretty all the way down to the 4 range for those creases, at least not in my opinion. a beaut.

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Paging Socratic Wonder

Oh don't you worry, I am ALL OVER it ! Along with that 8.5 #24 :cloud9:

Are you SURE you have to go heavy after that NA #27? Surely there must be other books in the auction that tempt you more...

Paging Socratic Wonder

Are you SURE you have to go heavy after that NA #27? Surely there must be other books in the auction that tempt you more...

I told ronny I was going after the NA 27, upto $30K :devil:

Paging Socratic Wonder

Jeebus guy, that's ridiculous. :sick: Well, I hope I can hold my hat out for someone's undercopy if (when) it gets into that sort of range. Even $5k would be a real stretch for someone in my little league. But $30k? You could hire someone to find a copy for that. Shoot, instead I'd pick up a Bat 1 and Green Giant 1 together with that kinda loot.

I guess I need to switch my focus back to Keen Detective 20 and AMF 2/2. :whistle:

Paging Socratic Wonder

lol What a jerk!

I will bid 29,999 just so you win it! :baiting:

Paging Socratic Wonder

Jeebus guy, that's ridiculous. :sick: Well, I hope I can hold my hat out for someone's undercopy if (when) it gets into that sort of range. Even $5k would be a real stretch for someone in my little league. But $30k? You could hire someone to find a copy for that. Shoot, instead I'd pick up a Bat 1 and Green Giant 1 together with that kinda loot.

I guess I need to switch my focus back to Keen Detective 20 and AMF 2/2. :whistle:

Don't worry it shouldn't get that crazy. But I am sure the hammer will be more than 5K.

I am not the one you have to worry about. Its that guy who only collects rare high grade comics. I forget his handle hm

Paging Socratic Wonder

lol What a jerk!

THAT would be funny. Didn't something like that happen several years ago (although on a grander scale) to some coin collector that thought he'd get into comics only to overbid on everything and then get reamed at resale?

Paging Socratic Wonder

lol What a jerk!

THAT would be funny. Didn't something like that happen several years ago (although on a grander scale) to some coin collector that thought he'd get into comics only to overbid on everything and then get reamed at resale?

ok, then ronny, then I will bid 29,998 :baiting: