• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two days left 'till the Insanity ends...CLink..Anyone have a leading bid?

580 posts in this topic

Whoever bid up the Fantastic Comics 5, I hate you. Just for the record. :)

On the other hand Metro will like you since now I'm just going to go spend my money with them instead.

Sorry you got outbid on the Fantastic 5, but I love whoever bid on it. Finally, one of my books is over guide!

I'm not sure about this "insanity" thing.

I put about thirty books in the auction and none of them are going insane.

Would someone please place some insane bids on some of my books?

First, you need to realize that when the vast majority of folks on these boards say they've put in an "insane" bid, it means their bid was somewhere between 60% and 70% of Guide. :gossip:

I'm now high bidder on 19 books which are all well within budget and are very reasonable... problem though, I'm sure I'll get outbid on all but maybe 2 of them. :(

Not Gold, but there is a Vampirella #7 which I was the high bidder on up until today and I can't seem to win any Vampi's lately.

Matt Nelson had the rest of the Don Rosa ones close on eBay (about 10 or so) and I only won one of them! I'm sure Matt's happy that I drove the price up on all of them though!

First, you need to realize that when the vast majority of folks on these boards say they've put in an "insane" bid, it means their bid was somewhere between 60% and 70% of Guide. :gossip:

Sir, I resemble that remark! Nyuk, Nyuk! :kidaround:

I was fine at $30K, but obviously someone wants it more than me (though in the past, no one has)... but, one thing I have learned is that you miss a copy now, and another will come along!

I was fine at $30K, but obviously someone wants it more than me (though in the past, no one has)... but, one thing I have learned is that you miss a copy now, and another will come along!

After 7 years and counting of CGC, this is the new mantra (worship)

Just at 'how much' is still the sixty four dollar question (thumbs u

After 7 years and counting of CGC, this is the new mantra (worship)

Just at 'how much' is still the sixty four dollar question (thumbs u

I got to thinking, I was high bidder on 2 of the heritage auctions, but at $30K reserve not met...I totally was bummed I got outbid, that I forgot about the 19.5% juice...so, I threw "one more" bid in on the Marvel 1...but that is, unfortunately for me, "it"...so, if it sticks, great, if not, then I am good with it!

rick

but, one thing I have learned is that you miss a copy now, and another will come along!

Especially when you`re talking about a Marvel Comics #1.

I suspect a lot of the marvel 1's we have seen of late, are finally getting nestled into collections, and likely won't be seen on the market for some time...the Heritage 6.0 is a flip of the clink 6.0 from last auction, and the comicconnect Oct is a newly offered book (have not seen it before)...this KC copy has been offered for the 4th time in a year ...outside of that, I suspect we don't see another Marvel 1 come to market to often this year (unless, a newly discovered copy, as all the flipped copies are off market right now, but I am sure they will return at some point)

I wish. My placeholder is 1.5x guide on the book I want and I expect to go 3x guide at least.

That said, I do have my share of 60-70% bids in. Put in a few more yesterday afternoon.

I wish. My placeholder is 1.5x guide on the book I want and I expect to go 3x guide at least.

That said, I do have my share of 60-70% bids in. Put in a few more yesterday afternoon.

lol lol lol all mine are sitting above guide... so in all likelyhood they'll triple before the final bid is settled!

Guide is always a base multiplier now... but an accurate one (thumbs u

I put in 10 or 15 bids just to see where books sat, and I'm leading on all but one of them. We'll see, I'm sure I'll have to come back in a few days to place final closure bids on the ones I really want.

Hey Jive,

Nice MS #6 SS....we'll see what that one goes for.

lol lol lol all mine are sitting above guide... so in all likelyhood they'll triple before the final bid is settled!

Guide is always a base multiplier now... but an accurate one (thumbs u

There's a bunch of books I expect to end below or at OS. But the grail book for me in this auction always goes above guide. It's a Throw Overstreet Out the Window book.

I would like to officially announce my new WTB list

New Adventure Comics #15-17, 22-27,and 29

Adventure Comics #35 and 36 (mid to high grade)

Detective Comics #2-7,9-17,22-24,35 (mid grade)

Rocket Comics #3

All American Comics #11

:whistle: