• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Auction

267 posts in this topic

That's what you see if you are the high bidder. But if you are not the high bidder, they don't tell you whether or not the high bid has hit the reserve. This is a limitation they should fix so that everyone knows whether the reserve has been met.

Just went on and made a few bids to test it out and you are absolutely right. That needs to be fixed. Whether you are the high bidder or an underbidder, or not even an active bidder at all... you should know if there is a reserve on the book. It's a turn off not knowing.

On a different note, there are some great books up for auction. My watch list for this auction is bigger than my Clink makeshift "watchlist" was and a little less than my Heritage. But that's only because I'm watching the entire MH Adventure run.

This all really seems like a site for Metro to auction their own books and maybe make some commissions on the side from third party sellers. I will be really interested to see how many books don't hit the reserves.

Yes, I just placed 4 bids earlier this afternoon. High bidder on all of them with reserve not being met on a single one of them. :(

Highly doubt if there will be any books going for discounts to guide like the recently completed CL auction as all of my bids were already above guide price. :sumo:

I wonder how many of these books have reserves at or near their Metro asking prices? Seems kinda pointless if they do...

If this ends up being true then I won't look at their auctions again. Too many auction sites to keep up with anyway.

My bids are in....all 280 of them. :insane:

And no, I'm not exaggerating. :sumo:

I really should have created that email filter for the bid confirmation notices BEFORE submitting all those bids. doh!

280? What is that, like 1/3 of the lots in the auction? lol

My bids are in....all 280 of them. :insane:

And no, I'm not exaggerating. :sumo:

I really should have created that email filter for the bid confirmation notices BEFORE submitting all those bids. doh!

:wishluck: to win them all!!!!!

lol

Ok, I've given up on this auction already. Every book I bid on, I bid a reasonably high amount on yet I'm still under reserve. Actually I take that back, out of 13 books I'm above reserve and high bidder on 1.

I'm done with it though cause my high bid on that one isn't going to hold. Stinks that so many of these books have reserves. :(

At least in the Heritage auctions I don't run into reserves all the time on the stuff I'm bidding on.

I wonder how many of these books have reserves at or near their Metro asking prices? Seems kinda pointless if they do...

I have over 100 books consigned to this auction (siver and bronze ASMs) - all have a reasonable reserve but below the Metro asking price when originally consigned there.

Reserves are needed as too many good books up for sale at the moment mean that anyone who doesn't post a reserve and doesn't have one of the star items in the auction could take a huge loss.

I have over 100 books consigned to this auction (siver and bronze ASMs) - all have a reasonable reserve but below the Metro asking price when originally consigned there.

Reserves are needed as too many good books up for sale at the moment mean that anyone who doesn't post a reserve and doesn't have one of the star items in the auction could take a huge loss.

I think I'm bidding on 98 of them...gave or take. ;)

I have three books consigned to this auction with no reserve, so feel free to fire away. They will be sold:

Exciting 34 CGC 9.4 ow (killer copy)

Green Hornet 31 CGC 8.0 ow/w

Marvel Mystery 51 CGC 8.0 white pages