• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

As a math teacher I don’t like variance that large…0.5 to 1 at most.

Did the same grader gift me here too? The back seemed very dirtied for an 8.0

E0639440-5CF1-4876-B907-490ABD9CE4C3.jpeg

7CB44D66-EF39-471F-80D4-742CB5743298.jpeg

Dunno, not clear enough, with the reflection of the carpet and all. And it's 'maths' :baiting:

30 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

As a math teacher I don’t like variance that large…0.5 to 1 at most.

Did the same grader gift me here too? The back seemed very dirtied for an 8.0

E0639440-5CF1-4876-B907-490ABD9CE4C3.jpeg

7CB44D66-EF39-471F-80D4-742CB5743298.jpeg

I'm just wondering why you didn't opt for a Press and Clean, seems like a great candidate.

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Was pressed. Regret not cleaning but one learns from ones first submission 

I think cleaning is automatic when pressing, unless you did it yourself and you didn't "clean" etc?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

16 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Those are gorgeous! Why the 7.5? There must be something noted 

I don't have the notes as I used Josh Avery to press and submit these and haven't bugged him for the notes yet. That said, there is  a couple spine creases and there's a bit of color rub along the spine also on the ASM 7. That one doesn't bother me as much as the FF 52 which has a couple obvious flaws but is otherwise Near mint.(shrug)

1 hour ago, Morganmi said:

I don't have the notes as I used Josh Avery to press and submit these and haven't bugged him for the notes yet. That said, there is  a couple spine creases and there's a bit of color rub along the spine also on the ASM 7. That one doesn't bother me as much as the FF 52 which has a couple obvious flaws but is otherwise Near mint.(shrug)

I’d be intrigued to know. I’m only finally submitting some books because I’m at that stage with my collection I feel.

Maybe the modern graders are more lenient than the guys doing the pre 1975 books? Or do they all dabble in all grades? Either way, I’m now unsure how to feel. Most people might think I’m crazy but maybe I should contact them and ask and if it should be the grade they gave….or just keep and thank my lucky stars lol.

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

I’d be intrigued to know. I’m only finally submitting some books because I’m at that stage with my collection I feel.

Maybe the modern graders are more lenient than the guys doing the pre 1975 books? Or do they all dabble in all grades? Either way, I’m now unsure how to feel. Most people might think I’m crazy but maybe I should contact them and ask and if it should be the grade they gave….or just keep and thank my lucky stars lol.

I'll ask Josh for them when the other 5 books I sent in at a lower tier come in. The thing is I'm pretty sure I know what the faults are with these 2 books. I've had the ASM for nearly 40 years and the FF52 I thouroghly inspected when I bought it recently and so I'm fairly confident that the interiors are fine.

Anyway I'd keep the 8.0 on that. It is what it is with the grading process and what we have here with this group of books is proof that you still need to use your own eyes when deciding the value. For me the CGC thing gives legitimacy that the book isn't missing stuff or tampered with but from what I've seen can only give you a general grade range and you still need to use your own eyes and decide for yourself whether the book is acceptable for the price offered. 

Edited by Morganmi
Grammer

58 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

I'll ask Josh for them when the other 5 books I sent in at a lower tier come in. The thing is I'm pretty sure I know what the faults are with these 2 books. I've had the ASM for nearly 40 years and the FF52 I thouroghly inspected when I bought it recently and so I'm fairly confident that the interiors are fine.

Anyway I'd keep the 8.0 on that. It is what it is with the grading process and what we have here with this group of books is proof that you still need to use your own eyes when deciding the value. For me the CGC thing gives legitimacy that the book isn't missing stuff or tampered with but from what I've seen can only give you a general grade range and you still need to use your own eyes and decide for yourself whether the book is acceptable for the price offered. 

Great point!

Its also why you can see variance in sales of the same grade. I’m betting a handful of collectors would look at my ASM 252 9.0 and not love it. So maybe it sells (if i ever do sell it) closer to the value of maybe an 8.0. And maybe you 7.5s sell for closer to 8.0 value because of how well they present. 

8 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Great point!

Its also why you can see variance in sales of the same grade. I’m betting a handful of collectors would look at my ASM 252 9.0 and not love it. So maybe it sells (if i ever do sell it) closer to the value of maybe an 8.0. And maybe you 7.5s sell for closer to 8.0 value because of how well they present. 

Exactly 

16 minutes ago, Ares said:

These are my latest submissions back from CGC after a CPS. Just waiting on two more books.

Punisher 1 and 5 are Canadian Price Variants. (might sell set as they don't fit in my collection)

The Amazing Spider-man 361 came out better than expected

Punisher Ltd Series.jpg

She Hulk 1.jpg

Hulk 449.jpg

ASM 361 News.jpg

Not bad! Not bad attall