• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2021 at 4:31 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

"Newton Rings" don't seem to be much of an issue anymore - at least from my perspective.

I have been getting them a lot more recently after going a long time without them. I recently sent some back that were really bad for a free mech error/reholder service. Granted the ones im getting now are not too bad but for me they greatly hamper resale value, especially when they shouldnt be there at all. Maybe cgc is so busy their qc has gone down?

5 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

I have been getting them a lot more recently after going a long time without them. I recently sent some back that were really bad for a free mech error/reholder service. Granted the ones im getting now are not too bad but for me they greatly hamper resale value, especially when they shouldnt be there at all. Maybe cgc is so busy their qc has gone down?

Maybe. I'll pay closer attention to my submissions when they start coming back. I had removed the disclaimer I wrote about those from my selling site because I didn't have them for a long period of time.hm

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

9 minutes ago, Kerdese said:

My first batch was a gamble for a 10.0. The last of them came in yesterday. No 10.0’s. However, I did send in my X-men 4 too. I was hoping for a mid 9, but was pleasantly surprised to see it landed a 9.8 as well! 

82D89D41-8C5C-41EA-B266-FE502E5F7A8B.jpeg

FB171341-FDBC-4A5A-AA7F-CBF2D7BF5766.jpeg

I'd post your others as well, since it took some time to find this thread, but

Snap, that's a heck of a way to go on a first sub, with I assume you didnt prescreen? That's a whole lot of love!  :x

1 hour ago, Kerdese said:

No, I did not use the prescreen. I did some online research to see how people were getting points deducted and hoped I knew what I was doing after that. Really was hoping for a 10.0. 😆 There were 3 issues that really looked flawless: Pitt 1, Spawn 8 and Wildcats 3. I’m assuming I’ll never get a 10 if those didn’t. 

Here’s the rest of my hopeful 10’s. 

66AACA85-8901-4A60-B977-3A6FF6E2BB95.jpeg

7EE7BF53-D91E-46FC-9DD9-14E9CFDF5939.jpeg

2CAE9CEC-30B6-42C5-941A-0B1873D0F4FE.jpeg

2C85EC7C-D6D1-4DB2-83D8-8E816B45FD85.jpeg

Those are a swarm of nicely submitted books :)

I'll give you a tip if it helps...

9.8= near mint / mint

9.9= mint 

10= gem mint

To get the 9.9 &10 sometimes presentation has something to do with it

So along with no flaws or defects

The book also has to "stand out " in some way 

Such as be perfectly centered, registration of ink, or edges aligned

I think those are some of the registration issues, but also must be noticable from an experienced cgc graders point of view

Even finger prints sometimes keep from 9.8

I'm not saying 9.9 or 10 isn't possible I'm just saying they really are or should be almost one of a kind books :)

10 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A couple books I got back this week. Really stoked on these. I’ve wanted that Punisher variant in 9.8 for a while. And who doesn’t like Archangel. X-Factor 24 is a classic for me.

195680B5-A0E8-4FF0-833B-23E355B32F6B.jpeg

110F2E22-245A-41C2-871C-838FD4237B82.jpeg

Had two 9.8 of that Golden punisher come back as 9.6 after a cgc signing. 😞. Its a sweet one to have thats for sure