• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 35

71 posts in this topic

I wonder how often people default on paying Heritage? Is it really worth Heritage's time to go after deadbeat bidders with legal action?

Or how often someone with something similar to sell shills up an item with Heritage or CLink, defaults on paying, and then lists their item (maybe even on the same site), hoping to reap some advantage from the new 'fair market value'....

hm

interesting ...don't you have to have a CC on file with heritage though, maybe they hit your card if you don't pay (shrug)

I am still trying to get over the price paid for just a front cover of this book.. $5k!?!?!? This is definitely wayy more crazier in price than the Action 1 coverless, action 7, and the MH Adventures. You can buy a very low grade unrestored complete copy in say fair condition or a restored complete copy for that much.

I am still trying to get over the price paid for just a front cover of this book.. $5k!?!?!? This is definitely wayy more crazier in price than the Action 1 coverless, action 7, and the MH Adventures. You can buy a very low grade unrestored complete copy in say fair condition or a restored complete copy for that much.

People do silly things sometimes. I once put out a certain amount of money searching for a cover to a coverless I had. When all was said and done....I could have bought a decent fine+ for the same amount I had in the two seperate pieces. Plus, they didn't fit together well.

I wonder how often people default on paying Heritage? Is it really worth Heritage's time to go after deadbeat bidders with legal action?

Or how often someone with something similar to sell shills up an item with Heritage or CLink, defaults on paying, and then lists their item (maybe even on the same site), hoping to reap some advantage from the new 'fair market value'....

hm

interesting ...don't you have to have a CC on file with heritage though, maybe they hit your card if you don't pay (shrug)

I'm sure there are a million ways around this. Just off the top of my head, stolen CC number, sign up then cancel the card, sign up with a card with a really low limit, sign up with an Amex which will basically always side with you in any dispute, sign up with a card thats about to expire, keep your card maxed so the payment bounces, etc etc etc.

hm

I'm sure there are a million ways around this. Just off the top of my head, stolen CC number, sign up then cancel the card, sign up with a card with a really low limit, sign up with an Amex which will basically always side with you in any dispute, sign up with a card thats about to expire, keep your card maxed so the payment bounces, etc etc etc.

Heritage is not the kind of site I'd try this with on a recurring basis as they have a collections department and legal staff of the appropriate skill and tenacity appropriate to the collectibles auction business.

Wasn't this one of the seven signs that the world is coming to an end? I am pretty sure it was.

No. If you look at the original text in Revelations, you'll see it refers to the sale of a Dollman 35.

(easy mistake)

hm

Heritage is not the kind of site I'd try this with on a recurring basis as they have a collections department and legal staff of the appropriate skill and tenacity appropriate to the collectibles auction business.

do they kill my wife if i don't pay ? to scare me ? mmmmmmmmhhh, :devil:

hm

do they kill my wife if i don't pay ? to scare me ? mmmmmmmmhhh, :devil:

Are you referring to a first occurrence or a second occurrence?

:jokealert:

Prices on this book are increasing...and mostly justified.

Scarce book indeed with a classic cover..!

But the price on this has to be over the top. :o

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=9827&Lot_No=77122

You may as well wait and spend a few grand more and get a complete copy in the CGC 2.5 to 3.0 range....

Is this just a case of supply and demand?

I would have to think the winning bidder will marry this front cover to an otherwise complete copy..but to restore will also cost some $....Is $5000.00 grand + for this FRONT COVER ONLY a wee bit over the top? Your opinions please..!

It has to be a mistake....

Prices on this book are increasing...and mostly justified.

Scarce book indeed with a classic cover..!

But the price on this has to be over the top. :o

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=9827&Lot_No=77122

You may as well wait and spend a few grand more and get a complete copy in the CGC 2.5 to 3.0 range....

Is this just a case of supply and demand?

I would have to think the winning bidder will marry this front cover to an otherwise complete copy..but to restore will also cost some $....Is $5000.00 grand + for this FRONT COVER ONLY a wee bit over the top? Your opinions please..!

That is inSANE.

I thought I over paid two months ago when I got my 3.0 (with few pieces tape on interior of spine) for $1000 more than just the cover went for. Judging by recent HA prices, I got a relative bargain.

The 3.0 restored in the HA auction blew my mind price-wise ($8000!). I was thinking maybe half that. The cover-only I thought MAYBE $500. maybe.

Rick's theory makes sense. But thats going to be one pricey Frankenbook!!

Ryan, I guess that means our copies of Tec 35 are worth $10k apiece. :cool:

Ryan, I guess that means our copies of Tec 35 are worth $10k apiece. :cool:

(thumbs u At this rate, soon I'll be able to do a straight TEC 35 for MARVEL #1 trade!! :cloud9:

Very interesting hm Your lucky I didn't pick up your copy :insane:

Lets dismantle a CGC 2.0 Detective # 35 into parts for ultimate value.

Lets see, Front Cover $5000.00...Back Cover $2500.00...Centerfold...$4000.00...and the rest is an easy $2500.00...All this adds up to...$14000.00 lol

well...if I had of won the 3.0 restored tec 35 at a "reasonable" price (say $6K), I had a firm offer on my 2.5 (looks much better, but has tape on spine, so downgraded) of $8K...so, prices on tec 35 still seem to be going crazy, but $5K for a front cover only, that is insane...and, bluechip's copy is still sitting there at $7700, so I suspect again, it was a "unique" circumstance (shrug) that won't nec. translate into the market paying "much" higher now, just because the results of one auction would lead them to believe that (like the MF 52 deal)

Considering I bought this from Metro for something like $750 and then resold it last year very quickly for $1,300 I find it completely unbelievable that two people bid over $4,000 for just a cover. Someone got hosed.

Tec38Raw.jpg[/img]

That was priced at about 275 a few years ago. I had it and sold it for 500 to a dealer who apparently turned it around to metro who turned it around to you who turned it around again. I am sure if I had asked 1300 for it in the first place I would have been told I was overreaching or crazy.